lp's get more money?? wax poetic article related.

lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
just reading the jazzy jay interview in the fall issue wax poetics.he is totally pro serrato and all that, of course- though that is not my beef. he straight up said that if clubs want vinyl only gigs, they have to pay more money.if you are a classic hip hop dj and you want extra money to play exclusively vinyl isn't that kind of like paying a football player extra to play on grass fields??wtf.weird world we live in.

Comments

• just reading the jazzy jay interview in the fall issue wax poetics.

he is totally pro serrato and all that, of course- though that is not my beef. he straight up said that if clubs want vinyl only gigs, they have to pay more money.

if you are a classic hip hop dj and you want extra money to play exclusively vinyl isn't that kind of like paying a football player extra to play on grass fields??

wtf.

weird world we live in.

does your beef lie with the club or the dj ?

if the medium in which the dj chooses to play music from, hinders his/her performance...then theres a problem.

* exclusively=key word

this should be good
    btw
    you got my voicemail ?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I remember reading that, and I don't know why it didn't strike me as odd at the time, but it does now that I think about it.

It does seems strange, but it seems that as time goes on, it will become logistically more difficult (ie more effort involved) for a DJ to perform exclussively with vinyl, and economics tells us that it will therefore become more expensive. rising costs and all that. Kinda makes me think of how CDs replaced tapes, but were actually cheaper to make, but cost more to buy, or something like that.

I could actually be way off with that comparison, now that i think about it.