45 King remix series

hsulu_nationhsulu_nation 110 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Way back when, some French strutter started a crypto-commercial thread about some D'Angelo mix thing, and it fanned out toward a more general discussion of 45 King's self-released (?) remix series. These are the remix singles he floated out there all by his lonesome, usually featuring quickie reworks of current-ish material. I'm not referring to shit like "That one Sam the Beast single."What other ones are out there? I have the D'Angelo ("Devil's Pie") and Bush Babees ones. Rumors suggest there are also ones for Mobb Deep, Missy and Aaliyah. Cosmo, whose level remains difficult to get on, claims there are many, many more.Somewhat unrelated question: is Valoompadoom Pink the only E.S.P. album?

Comments

• Way back when, some French strutter started a crypto-commercial thread about some D'Angelo mix thing, and it fanned out toward a more general discussion of 45 King's self-released (?) remix series. These are the remix singles he floated out there all by his lonesome, usually featuring quickie reworks of current-ish material. I'm not referring to shit like "That one Sam the Beast single."

What other ones are out there? I have the D'Angelo ("Devil's Pie") and Bush Babees ones. Rumors suggest there are also ones for Mobb Deep, Missy and Aaliyah. Cosmo, whose level remains difficult to get on, claims there are many, many more.

Somewhat unrelated question: is Valoompadoom Pink the only E.S.P. album?

dog, you're quickly becoming one of my fav. new strutters. Reminiscent of "James" and "Terrence the Clubbup".

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    GET ON MY LEVEL

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    In addition to this

SAM THE BEAST VS[/b] JACKYL THE BEAR?

I think we all know. For real[/b].

GET ON MY LEVEL.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    For real though I'll try to encode some of those Jay-Z remixes he did and post them a little bit later.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Valoompadoom Pink

Holy shit, I haven't thought about them since they came out.

I think I need to check that "worst rap names EVAR" thread cause they're bound to be in there.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Valoompadoom Pink

Holy shit, I haven't thought about them since they came out.
    I think I need to check that "worst rap names EVAR" thread cause they're bound to be in there.

i've never heard of them. it kind of sounds like a brand of off brand affordable big bottom gal lingerie draws.

valoompadoon pink.

• >>i've never heard of them. it kind of sounds like a brand of off brand affordable big bottom gal lingerie draws. valoompadoon pink.

Yeah E.S.P. had a couple of okay-slash-slightly overrated singles which I won't name since I'm still looking for them. None of them are on Valoompadoon Pink. But, you know, it's okay, cause there's a whole lot of "think pink" discourse which, coupled with the exceedingly greasy chest of 1/3 of E.S.P. on the cover, makes Cam'ron look weak for not totally "going there" with his fey colorways. I think we all know what I am talking about.

That said, this 45 King discography is not going to assemble itself, people.

"Can we do this?" asked the Heartbeat Brothers.

"WE CAN DO THIS!" replied Robbie B. and DJ Jazz.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    getting sidetracked back to the original thread topic, I have this d'angelo white label rmx for brown sugar that has the new birth/player's anthem loop. The label is blank except for a rubber ink stamp that says "d'angelo rmx". What's up with this? herp prease.....

can I get all sandboxdotpairdotcom and mention those vinyl reanimators rmxs, they were decent.

I have nothing to add to the 45king discog, I am lame.

• I have a rockafella white label with a bunch of 45 king mixes with nice MC's. "Put the Funk Out There", that's it. Me likes.

• only one i have is a public enemy 'bring the noise' remix (vocals over the wild style 'down by law' beat).
    i think 45 king said various people in various countries outside of orange, nj commissioned him to do these. i think there's a donnel jones one too.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I have a rockafella white label with a bunch of 45 king mixes with nice MC's. "Put the Funk Out There", that's it. Me likes.

I want to hear the songs on this. Upload!

• I have a rockafella white label with a bunch of 45 king mixes with nice MC's. "Put the Funk Out There", that's it. Me likes.

Does that have the Jay Z joint where 45 king samples stilleto?

I want to hear the songs on this. Upload!

Oh, well OKAY.

I'll meet you in the basement.

• I'm not referring to shit like "That one Sam the Beast single."

Yo! That Sam the Beast single was called "Knock Some Boots" and its part of the essence of instrumental hip-hop in 1991.

PEACE FROM THE EAST!