Other eBay sellers jacking your title description

guy_alcindorguy_alcindor 621 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Seller put up same LP as me with mine having two days to go. Uses exactly the same description in the title, same exact adjectives, same order. And it's not an LP you see often - definitely seems like he is trying to benefit from my listing being up.Others have similar shit like this happen?

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yes. I feel auction listings should be intellectual property, but the last time I brought this up, people were "hattin'".

• Don't knock the hustle.

I respect the hustles of gambling, selling illegal products, etc. I do not respect the hustle of stealing.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I don't see the big deal. It really does not affect the price you will get.

• The thing that pisses me off is that he put his up with the knowledge that it would probably affect my piece, not having the courtesy to wait until mine had ended. Jackass.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    i steal peoples descriptions but very rarely. Only when I am really lazy or dont know too much about the item I am selling.

I really couldnt care less if someone stole mine.

• It really does not affect the price you will get.

I disagree. It really depends on what it is.

It really does not affect the price you will get.

I disagree. It really depends on what it is.

It's been my experience, as a bidder, that two raerish items up @ the same time often drives up the price for both.

It doesn't ruffle my feathers as much as it used to, but it is still lame and in my opinion. eBay will crack down if you lift a picture, which I find much less objectionable, but not a description. God knows how they would police it anyway. I don't care too much either, just thought I'd throw my 2c in.
    Peace
    T.N.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    It doesn't ruffle my feathers as much as it used to, but it is still lame and in my opinion. eBay will crack down if you lift a picture, which I find much less objectionable, but not a description. God knows how they would police it anyway. I don't care too much either, just thought I'd throw my 2c in.
    Peace
    T.N.

I'm actually flattered when this happens then I laugh when I see they them get $7 for Michel Legrand - Brian's Song when I got $90.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    there's a dude around detroit who steals my whole fucking descriptions, even if it's only 3 words, "nice popcorn-styled mover" - sad sack can't even look me in the eye when we cross paths...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    there's a dude around detroit who steals my whole fucking descriptions, even if it's only 3 words, "nice popcorn-styled mover" - sad sack can't even look me in the eye when we cross paths...

That the guy who cherry picks Cymande records off the Street Corner wall for a $7 profit? royalpunkass or some shit?

• i cant lie..i've copied peoples descriptions before. I am not the best at describing shit, so when I see a record described perfectly-its copy and paste time. I know people prob get mega pissed but theyll get over it. We both made our money so deal with it.

That the guy who cherry picks Cymande records off the Street Corner wall for a $7 profit? royalpunkass or some shit?

that's why I can't even be geniunely mad - I kinda feel sorry for dude

For those of you who have trouble, here is a good all purpose template that will work for describing any record... just fill in the (blank)s

Whoa! ...can you say SUPER RARE (blank) LP, GREAT VIBE, with some SERIOUS SAMPLES and BEATS?!?! If you don't know this already...this is a MONSTER!!! ULTRA RARE MONSTER!!! Still in SHRINKWRAP!! AMAZING (blank) and AMAZING (blank)...this is a RARE LP!!! With killer (blank), GREAT (blank)!!! You gotta see/hear this to believe it, you can't go wrong with this one!!!, it's hard not to love this album, as it is pretty much great (blank) to sit back and have your MIND BLOWN!!! Yes, that's right, AMAZING (blank), and songs that are REALLY GOOD! AMAZING (blank), and MUSIC!?! Plus this one has TONS of SAMPLES for you deejays and producers!! Great breakbeatrare for those in the know know.. .:

For those of you who have trouble, here is a good all purpose template that will work for describing any record... just fill in the (blank)s

Whoa! ...can you say SUPER RARE (blank) LP, GREAT VIBE, with some SERIOUS SAMPLES and BEATS?!?! If you don't know this already...this is a MONSTER!!! ULTRA RARE MONSTER!!! Still in SHRINKWRAP!! AMAZING (blank) and AMAZING (blank)...this is a RARE LP!!! With killer (blank), GREAT (blank)!!! You gotta see/hear this to believe it, you can't go wrong with this one!!!, it's hard not to love this album, as it is pretty much great (blank) to sit back and have your MIND BLOWN!!! Yes, that's right, AMAZING (blank), and songs that are REALLY GOOD! AMAZING (blank), and MUSIC!?! Plus this one has TONS of SAMPLES for you deejays and producers!! Great breakbeatrare for those in the know know.. .:

Nice one!

• I respect the hustles of gambling, selling illegal products, etc. I do not respect the hustle of stealing.

I was taught to disdain thieves, cheats, and liars by my step-dad who sold illegal goods at the time.

I haven't stolen descriptions but I have remixed and paraphrased others. Most the time I like it to be my voice talking.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    This has happened to me, and you can actually report this to eBay and get their auction taken down. I did it on an auction for a $100+ CD that someone straight jacked my description and pictures on. Their auction was taken down quickly.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I think people should just jack their descriptions from Dustygroove. I mean, aren't the tops in overselling mediocrity with hyperbole?