selling records on Ebay during December..

2»

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    for some reason people think we make some insane amount of money over here. it is not that big of a deal. i have a friend who works for edison and a friend who is a painter and the three of us make the same amount of dough. its a business with all kinds of expenses and costs. i pay a lot of money for records. we do well but not that well. ( ) its not like i am some kind of multimillionare. were talking about used phonographic records here. i am sure if i owned a small chain of dry cleaners i would be making more money that doing this. ( ) !!!!!! i just like it and am good at it thats all.

• for some reason people think we make some insane amount of money over here. it is not that big of a deal. i have a friend who works for edison and a friend who is a painter and the three of us make the same amount of dough. its a business with all kinds of expenses and costs. i pay a lot of money for records. we do well but not that well. its not like i am some kind of multimillionare. were talking about used phonographic records here. i am sure if i owned a small chain of dry cleaners i would be making more money that doing this. i just like it and am good at it thats all.

That makes sense. Especially if it's your main income. It costs money to make money and that final sale value is obviously not your take home. Props to you for building a living out of it though. For me it's a hobby and a way of continuing my record education. I gotta run like 5 hustles to pay rent in this town. Late.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    for some reason people think we make some insane amount of money over here. it is not that big of a deal. i have a friend who works for edison and a friend who is a painter and the three of us make the same amount of dough. its a business with all kinds of expenses and costs. i pay a lot of money for records. we do well but not that well. ( ) its not like i am some kind of multimillionare. were talking about used phonographic records here. i am sure if i owned a small chain of dry cleaners i would be making more money that doing this. ( ) !!!!!! i just like it and am good at it thats all.

• I'd be far more interested in knowing how AP decides what is a "keeper" & what isn't.

a bunch of shit you guys dont really care about. my collection is 2000 peices but when i move back into my crib i am going to slash it to 1000 again. i like having a super tight collection. doubles of the art of tea and kenny rankin.

• i really hate that TV commercial on channel 9 with james worthy doing all those lame ass poses talking about the lakers and how great there legacy is. that dude bugs me. fuck the lakers. go clippers.

I'd be far more interested in knowing how AP decides what is a "keeper" & what isn't.

a bunch of shit you guys dont really care about. my collection is 2000 peices but when i move back into my crib i am going to slash it to 1000 again. i like having a super tight collection. doubles of the art of tea and kenny rankin.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    oh but the december post office is slow and is not a good look. dave and cameron will testify to this.

ap

PO in DEC is fucked. some lady this morning brings in fucking two large bags of xmas gifts - no boxes, no fucking nothing - just gift-wraped boxes. bitch brings them up to the counter like "what do I do with them?" This woman must be 35 years old & does not know how to mail a fucking package in the mail. Sad thing is I've seen this like infinity times.

hahhaha god this is so horrible.

a couple weeks ago this lady just brought up a couple pairs of shoes to the counter and was all OK I NEED TO MAIL THESE. no boxes or anything.

oh but the december post office is slow and is not a good look. dave and cameron will testify to this.

ap

PO in DEC is fucked. some lady this morning brings in fucking two large bags of xmas gifts - no boxes, no fucking nothing - just gift-wraped boxes. bitch brings them up to the counter like "what do I do with them?" This woman must be 35 years old & does not know how to mail a fucking package in the mail. Sad thing is I've seen this like infinity times.

a couple weeks ago this lady just brought up a couple pairs of shoes to the counter and was all OK I NEED TO MAIL THESE. no boxes or anything.

I know. I honestly do not understand what these people are thinking?!?!

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

ap

probobly members of the "do it for me" generation.

ap

probobly members of the "do it for me" generation.

but for real, these people must have at some point in their lives recieved mail. A human being with an even partially formed brain could total this equation - I get mail a certain way = I must send it this way. This is enough to make Mr. Spock ready to do some bitch-slappin'.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

ap

Is this a "Welcome to the O.C., bitch!" moment?

ap

Is this a "Welcome to the O.C., bitch!" moment?

haha!!!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    So what is the earliest advisable day to start slangin' heavily again? Jan. 7? Tomorrow?

• What is the earliest advisable day to start slangin' heavily again? Jan. 7?

I feel like right now is an OK time to sell. A lot of people are not working and the weather sucks in a lot of places right now so that means a lot of people sitting around the house with Christmas money burning a whole in their pocket. Personally I think I've bought more records on ebay in the last week than the last six months combined.