Big name DJ's Question... (Playing from home...)

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
How long are we away from big named DJ's playing gigs from home?

Will there be 2 different types of fee's??? Say like:

Playing live @ the event = $2500

Playing from home = $700

Where playing from home will be some screen set up at the event and the video & audio will be live over the net. Behind the DJ at home will be a blue screen and you could put any background you want behind the DJ (IE: Making it look like dude is DJing from the moon).

Said DJ could play a few different events at the same time and get paid from each one.

Could we be headed that way? Where do you see things headed??? Or is this the future:

Comments

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts
    Dear God...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Everybody say HO!!

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Or is this the future:

So wrong.

• DMC's World DJ Mixing Championships 2010

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    DMC's World DJ Mixing Championships 2010

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

Could we be headed that way? Where do you see things headed??? Or is this the future:

Are people even aware that there's no pitch control on this thing? It's the biggest load of shit I've ever seen.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

add on pleez

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    DMC's World DJ Mixing Championships 2010

it already kinda looks like this.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahaha

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I was just pondering... Cause we were joking around about this the other day. I remember some raves trying to do this on the regular back in the day. DJ playing from another event. Didn't work well because of technical shit. But now? People got their panties in a twist over serato. I wonder how people will bitch when DJ's are making cash from home. Waking up with bed head and walking over to their web cam and spinning a set and going back to sleep, a few hundred dollars richer. Get ur hatted on!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    If you were able to observe the crowd too, I don't see why not, but even then, you aren't REALLY feeling the crowd, nahmean?

• ayoayo 44 Posts
    do you guys bag on the turntablist/battle scene because u recognize that even if you did practice as hard as them that you would never even come close to level of skill that they are at?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    do you guys bag on the turntablist/battle scene because u recognize that even if you did practice as hard as them that you would never even come close to level of skill that they are at?

Yes i think you got it right sad isn't it?