VINYL RECORDS in ANTWERP

anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
My friend just got back from having an exhibition of his sculptures in Brussels and went to this guys shop in Antwerp. Word is this guy is a butthole.What's the story with this dude?coppin attitude is Any Euroheads know what's up with this fool?

Comments

• please elaborate, someone.
    I was planing on a Belgium/Holland digging tour soon, and I got family in Antwerp so I'll probably make contact with that guy sooner or later.

P.S.: I should tell you about the monster at Oldies but Goldies in Paris
    Bapt and other french heads know the deal.

• P.S.: I should tell you about the monster at Oldies but Goldies in Paris

Once for all: if you pass by Paris, AVOID THIS SHOP (and Monster Melodies, suckers too), these fools need to be out of the game ASAP

• I think that's old news. I went to Antwerp some years ago and he was also a butthole then. He had some dope shit back then though. Hook up with Ame instead.

Antwerp is a nice city. I liked it better than Brussels.

Dress

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    I've been there three times and I have no trouble with this dude.
    Dude was polite and offered me coffee.
    I think we chatted about the price differences between vinyl in Antwerp and Vinyl in Amsterdam.

Dude is no butthole.

Once for all: if you pass by Paris, AVOID THIS SHOP (and Monster Melodies, suckers too), these fools need to be out of the game ASAP

He was asking 30 euros for a vg- to g iron butterfly
    After I told him that it was beat he jsut went mad trying to convince me it was brandnew... hillarious.

I wish I could have checked out the stuff he's hiding though,...
    I asked him for a few special things, and it took him almost half a minute to say no i dont have that.....very

Luckily a dude stepped to me and gave me the cell# of a private seller.
    Met up with him and bought loads of nice stuff
    Ah, I miss Paris! See you early next year Bapt (hopefully)

• My friend just got back from having an exhibition of his sculptures in Brussels and went to this guys shop in Antwerp. Word is this guy is a butthole.

What's the story with this dude?

coppin attitude is

Any Euroheads know what's up with this fool?

The problem with this guy is that he hates his job ... don't like people going thru his records.
    Only if you buy something he's friendly...... I saw him throw people out.
    Complete wanker

There are better shops out there.

this is really weird.
    Im usually the first to piss people of.
    Or to get pissed of.

This guy bodied me out from his shop for some unknown reason. Vincent told me that his wife beats him in there or something. for doing business.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Antwerp is a nice city. I liked it better than Brussels.

Dress
    But Brussels got them waffles... at the Grand Plaza or Grand Place, near the main train station stop. I used to be addicted to them shits.

• The problem with this guy is that he hates his job ... don't like people going thru his records.
    Complete wanker

Is it the shop with thousands and thousands of records? with numerous "popcorn" crates? Huge psyche and prog sections with prices off the books?

If so I scored mad stuff for cheap in it. Funky Tramway for 6 euros, Yamazuki LP for 6 euros, Iskander for 6... 2 or 3 copies of James Last Voodoo for 2 euros, Two copies of Chosen Few for 6.. and so on..we were 3, and we dug only half of the shop in the entire day!
    I'm sure it's a good place to have a look for time to time, but really hit or miss, friends visited it a year ago and didn't find shit.
    Owners are unfriendly as hell, they didn't do any discount too.

• The problem with this guy is that he hates his job ... don't like people going thru his records.
    Complete wanker

Is it the shop with thousands and thousands of records? with numerous "popcorn" crates? Huge psyche and prog sections with prices off the books?

If so I scored mad stuff for cheap in it. Funky Tramway for 6 euros, Yamazuki LP for 6 euros, Iskander for 6... 2 or 3 copies of James Last Voodoo for 2 euros, Two copies of Chosen Few for 6.. and so on..we were 3, and we dug only half of the shop in the entire day!
    I'm sure it's a good place to have a look for time to time, but really hit or miss, friends visited it a year ago and didn't find shit.
    Owners are unfriendly as hell, they didn't do any discount too.

^ I think this is the Record Collector. These people have so many records, they are bound to make mistakes. I bought so many nice records there. Mary Jane OST for $10, They Came to Rob Las Vegas for $10 or stuff that I was very happy to spend mad cake on because you never see it (in this part of Europe anyway). The owners are not friendly or unfriendly IMO. A bit paranoid, but then, all the records are in the sleeves.

I think I have been to Vinyl Records. Small shop no? I didn't engage with the guy so I wouldn't know. My experience is most shop owners get cross when you ask for "the good stuff" behind the counter etc. I've earned that position with some shops, but I am pretty reluctant in that matter. Maybe have been missing out because of it... don't know. Grading wise, I could name so many shops that are trying to pass you crap copies in the shop. They keep the NM's for the fares and the walls. Eh, are there shops who don't try to play innocent? You return an unplayable record and hey, the next day it's in the crates again for the same price. BS I just have to live with I guess.

• wurd is UNITED MUSIC in BRUSSELS is rad and the guy is cool.

whats up with that?

ap

• [quote
    Is it the shop with thousands and thousands of records? with numerous popcorn crates? Huge psyche and prog sections with prices off the books?
    no that's collector

• no that's collector

Yup, you're right. I just recalled the name..

I think this is the Record Collector. These people have so many records, they are bound to make mistakes. I bought so many nice records there. Mary Jane OST for $10, They Came to Rob Las Vegas for $10 or stuff that I was very happy to spend mad cake on because you never see it (in this part of Europe anyway). The owners are not friendly or unfriendly IMO. A bit paranoid, but then, all the records are in the sleeves.

Sorry but I stick to the "unfriendly owners" quote. At least from my own experience
    I don't care if they have numerous records and no time to waste, I know others in the same case who are cool and friendly.
    Stigmate in Geneva got loads of heat but has always been friendly and eager to share his thought..

And to be honest I can't stand these ol' fashioned dealers who are paranoid when you have a smile in your face because you scored good stuff in their shops. It's the same one who put ?????? bill on a shity library cause they heard library sell well.

• Antwerp is traditionally thought of as the seat of European Satanism. True.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

Antwerp is traditionally thought of as the seat of European Satanism. True.

• no that's collector

Yup, you're right. I just recalled the name..

I think this is the Record Collector. These people have so many records, they are bound to make mistakes. I bought so many nice records there. Mary Jane OST for $10, They Came to Rob Las Vegas for $10 or stuff that I was very happy to spend mad cake on because you never see it (in this part of Europe anyway). The owners are not friendly or unfriendly IMO. A bit paranoid, but then, all the records are in the sleeves.

Sorry but I stick to the "unfriendly owners" quote. At least from my own experience

I don't care if they have numerous records and no time to waste, I know others in the same case who are cool and friendly.

Stigmate in Geneva got loads of heat but has always been friendly and eager to share his thought..

And to be honest I can't stand these ol' fashioned dealers who are paranoid when you have a smile in your face because you scored good stuff in their shops. It's the same one who put ?????? bill on a shity library cause they heard library sell well.

I don't mean "paranoid" as in "did I sell this too cheap?". Just paranoid in a "there are 3 OG copies of Bullitt on the shelve priced according to the state the're in and I hope some fucker will not put the best record in a different sleeve" kind of way. I have been there many times and these people are just not very personal but at the same time they are not obnoxious to such an extend that I will state on an online forum that they are unfriendly. Just people running a bussy store. I'm sorry you were treated badly though.

Eh, Dutch people are traditionally sonned in Belgium, so maybe you are right about them. I compare their attitude to the general coldness towards the Dutch in Antwerp because we are loud and have no manners and the Collector's coldness is not significantly more or less then what's normal so I'm not in a position to make an objective judgement.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    damn, wrong store...how do I delete a post? lol

• Vinyl Butthole dissed my friend Evan when he tried to trade him radical Peace and Love and Love Army Mexican psych EP's on Raff that came out of an LA apartment cleanout. Dudes got multiple copies and was peppering Europe with that shit.

Everybody was stoked on Mexi psych raer. Everyone except vinyl butthole that is. Dude straight up dissed him and threw them back in his face and screamed DAARBUITEN!

He then put on a Spooky Tooth record, went into a rage and started breaking things.

just kidding.

United Musik is the shit.

ap

Eh, Dutch people are traditionally sonned in Belgium, so maybe you are right about them. I compare their attitude to the general coldness towards the Dutch in Antwerp because we are loud and have no manners and the Collector's coldness is not significantly more or less then what's normal so I'm not in a position to make an objective judgement.

biggest load of crap I read all day.

• we are loud and have no manners

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    RADD:

Dude straight up dissed him and threw them back in his face and screamed DAARBUITEN!

He then put on a Spooky Tooth record, went into a rage and started breaking things.

RADDEST:

TIME OUT FOR TRIPOD IN THE CORNER, BAD TRIPOD, BAD

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    we are loud and have no manners

who would say a thing like that ?

• Vinyl Butthole dissed my friend Evan when he tried to trade him radical Peace and Love and Love Army Mexican psych EP's on Raff that came out of an LA apartment cleanout. Dudes got multiple copies and was peppering Europe with that shit.

Everybody was stoked on Mexi psych raer. Everyone except vinyl butthole that is. Dude straight up dissed him and threw them back in his face and screamed DAARBUITEN!

just kidding.

United Musik is the shit.

ap

next time he's in antwerp or brussels just send me a mail.

who would say a thing like that ?

Hey, that's me! Dudes were so kind to wait a few minutes for me to check out the Record Collector.

we are loud and have no manners

funny.

But still, its nonsense.

If you call the Dutch loud, what do you call Americans or Brits?
    If you call the Dutch bad mannered, what do call the French and the Italian?

We're maybe not the most polite and eloquent out there, but to say that peeps from Antwerp treat us bad because we are loud and have no manners, thats just wrong. And I've been to Antwerp enough times to back this up.

funny.

But still, its nonsense.

If you call the Dutch loud, what do you call Americans or Brits?
    If you call the Dutch bad mannered, what do call the French and the Italian?

We're maybe not the most polite and eloquent out there, but to say that peeps from Antwerp treat us bad because we are loud and have no manners, thats just wrong. And I've been to Antwerp enough times to back this up.

That passage I wrote was stupid and more so because I forgot to ad some greamlins. You're right. Wasn't cool.

Just for the record, I love Belgium and spend as much time there as I can and hope to one day live in Antwerp or Gent for a while (first adjust the volume of my voice a bit ).

• radical jethro tull cobblestone cave dwellers rock gent with some evil 1000 year old ancient fireside dweller action. my friend told me about it. sounds scary as hell.

ps... the guy at vinyl records eats a bag of dicks.