Five Stairsteps - Dont Change Your Love

FrequencyFrequency 115 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Is this not one of the best soul songs? Got the drums, funky lickin stick bass, Curtis Mayfield horns and strings, sweet vocals. Such a burner, just pulled it out yesterday and I forgot how much I love the song (and not just the break).

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Is this not one of the best soul songs? Got the drums, funky lickin stick bass, Curtis Mayfield horns and strings, sweet vocals.Such a burner

Cosign

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Major co-sign. I descibed it on my blog back in the day as Jackson Five with better beats.

Also, We must be in love isn't far behind in terms of quality.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    I love this group but never see any of their albums. If I had money, which are the best?

• I love this group but never see any of their albums. If I had money, which are the best?

The Five Stairsteps on Windy C is a good one, although it's scarce as hen's teeth. (It was reissued on Buddah as Step By Step By Stairsteps.)

I'm also partial to Stairsteps, on Buddah, which has weird acid-rock touches here & there but is a solid album through and through.

CAUTION: The 'Steps had two albums in a row titled Stairsteps. The album I'm talking about has "Ooh Child" on it. I've never heard this other LP with the same title, but as soon as I see an affordable copy, it's mine!

• yeah, there are actually like 3 Stairsteps albums that have OOh Child on them, its kinda ridiculous. I mean yeah it was their big hit but they put it on several albums.

I didn't know the Step by Step by Step album on Buddah was a re-release of the album on Windy C, thanks for the info. I have the one on Buddah (contains oooh Child).

The other album titled Stairsteps is on buddah and has a blue-ish/black cover. Its ok, but not one of the better ones.