***** WEEKEND FINDS *****

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Mucho Gracias....East Texas Flea Markets!!

• The beauty of owning a shop is that people bring this kind of stuff in

• damn man, nice finds. Hope when I come to New York this January, you'll have some crazy stuff like that on the wall. I can't wait.

Here are my scores for the weekend.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

• damn man, nice finds. Hope when I come to New York this January, you'll have some crazy stuff like that on the wall. I can't wait.

I hope when you come to New York this January, you'll have some crazy stuff like that to trade!

Give me a heads up before you come out.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    YOINKERS! did you cop that Gary Wilson off ebay?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Damn JP, your walk-ins are !!!!!!!!!!!!!

JP what are the 2 under Fifty Foot Hose?

• Three of those came from a pro dealer who knew what he had, it's not like random junkies walk in with fifty foot hose. Other rec came from soulstrut's own DJR and one came from conspicuously non-strutting a**f.

It's cool, I just wanted to play with pretty pictures

• JP what are the 2 under Fifty Foot Hose?

TheMack Huey Simmons is the free jazz on contemporary label. Sunburst band is the disco rap.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    garage sale, two flea markets, record show finds:

this last one has got to be one of the illest records ive found in some time. great music, samples, drum breaks, rap loops, etc. kinda okay singing but such a trip for me to get. dudes name is kevin fisher.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

this last one has got to be one of the illest records ive found in some time. great music, samples, drum breaks, rap loops, etc. kinda okay singing but such a trip for me to get. dudes name is kevin fisher.

Used to be hyped by the Psych Mafia for $75-$150...until folks heard it and realized it wasn't psych or rock....pretty cool weird jazzy groove though.

Jinx, always killin it. if that Robbie Basho is for sale or trade. let me know. i need it

• Totally great weekend in these parts...records everywhere. Kinda weird considering the weather has been complete shite. Some of the best from Thursday, Friday and Saturday:

The Darrell Jackson 12" is rap with an electro vibe from Memphis (1988) that I'm enjoying... Both Heavenly Star 12"s are OG and found in a local pawn shop of all places!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Totally great weekend in these parts...records everywhere. Kinda weird considering the weather has been complete shite. Some of the best from Thursday, Friday and Saturday:

The Darrell Jackson 12" is rap with an electro vibe from Memphis (1988) that I'm enjoying... Both Heavenly Star 12"s are OG and found in a local pawn shop of all places!

Well - it looks like everyone's really starting to fuck with modern soul on here which is indeed lovely. I'm not sure the last time I heard about anyone finding a Margo's Kool Out Crew in a pawn shop. That just sort of doesn't happen. And that Sypher 12" is no fucking joke at all either - that commands a lot of doe in certain places.

And Guzzo - you're in LA right? I think I had a pretty cool haul today - I'd like to post pictures but I'm not exactly sure how to do so (how do i get my flicks on the net?) - but you got yourself not only the illest Starpoint LP which really doesn't pop up too often at all but a Don Blackman joint as well? What the fuck am I doing wrong? I find great shit all the time - but it's not usually anything that's high up on my want list. Might you be kind enough to let an Angelino know where the hell is treating you this well. As for me today -
    well I'll wait till I can post pics.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    you got yourself not only the illest Starpoint LP which really doesn't pop up too often at all

I swear that has to be the 5th copy of that Starpoint that Guzzo has pulled in the last 6 months...his Moder Soul radar is outta hand...

• you got yourself not only the illest Starpoint LP which really doesn't pop up too often at all

I swear that has to be the 5th copy of that Starpoint that Guzzo has pulled in the last 6 months...his Moder Soul radar is outta hand...

One of my non-pictured finds from this weekend is a test press of Starpoint's "Wanting You" LP...rare?

Went back to a local favorite spot I had ignored for a while, so they had some new stuff to dig up:

...and a few other things, including this $1 score:

WEBN Album Project #2 (1976) "The Vinyl Days" Brute Force Cybernetics Records 1001 This is a compilation of groups from Cincinnati, Ohio put together by local progressive rock radio station WEBN. It notably includes Roger & The Human Body "Freedom" on Side 1.[/b]

Oh, and a Stetson reissue ( ) of this:

• JP what are the 2 under Fifty Foot Hose?

TheMack Huey Simmons is the free jazz on contemporary label.
    it's a dope double lp from 1971. lonnie liston smith on piano, michael white violin, cecil mcbee & richard davis bass, etc...

• My one important find of the weekend:

David Axelrod - Seriously Deep - Sealed - $1.50 at the flea market.

• Went back to a local favorite spot I had ignored for a while, so they had some new stuff to dig up:

...and a few other things, including this $1 score:

WEBN Album Project #2 (1976) "The Vinyl Days" Brute Force Cybernetics Records 1001 This is a compilation of groups from Cincinnati, Ohio put together by local progressive rock radio station WEBN. It notably includes Roger & The Human Body "Freedom" on Side 1.[/b]

Oh, and a Stetson reissue ( ) of this:

not to knock your finds....but look at what we get here in boston, compared to these cats!??!!
    been garbage lately...i gotta get outta here

not to knock your finds....

It's true, but I wasn't too bummed out by that haul...I certainly didn't drop any money for it.

But I went to the record show in Ded*am today, looking to spend some dough, and there wasn't shit. More dollar bin bullshit.

I guess it has been getting pretty lame. 2 more stores are closing , too.

Don't knock my shit, though - I'm trying to hype up that Roger & the Human Body score as trade weight!

• Local finds from the last few days. Lots more Brazilian for the shop.

LPs -

Miriam Makeba - In Concert (Reprise)
    O Pequeno Burgues - Azes do Samba (Cartaz)
    Caetano Veloso - Muitos Carnavais (Philips)
    Grupo Agua - Transparencia (Som Livre)
    Wando - S/T (Beverly)
    Kings in Exile - Music from Ancient Texts (Daagnim)
    The National Gallery - Musical Interpretations of the Paintings of Paul Klee (Philips)
    Winston McAnuff - Pick Hits to Click (Crystal)

12"s-

War - LA Sunshine

7"s-

Chico Buarque - Apesar de voce (Philips)
    Joao So - Menina da Ladeira (Odeon)
    Antonio Carlos and Jocafi - Desacato/Chamego de Ina (RCA)
    Antonio Carlos and Jocafi - Voce Abusou (RCA)
    MPB4 - Eu Chegyuei la/Voce Abusiu/Menina da Ladera/Mudei de Ideia (Elenco)
    Blitz - Voce Nao Soube Me Amar (EMI)
    Caetano Veloso - O Carnaval de Caetano (Philips)
    Os Caculas - Pra Ver o Mundo Cantar (RCA)
    Wilson Simonal - Ourico (Odeon)
    Elizeth Cardoso/Zimbo Trio/Jacob do Bandolim - Vol. 1 (Museu da Imagem E do Som)
    Shorty the President - Rockers Tambourine (Channel One)

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

i like this one

• couple show pick ups that i've been after. the timmons was remarkably cheap ($2)

• nice find on the AEC LP.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    House call "I have thousands of records" >>> 95 % local argie folk

But, I took home one of these babies for free:

Does anybody else collect vintage electronics (junk)?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

Would that Majestics be a double Jinxy? Cuz I know you "found" one elsewhere recently.... mwahaha!!

if its a dub... PM a brother

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    All of the LPs pictured are for sale/trade:

Ken Nordine - Word Jazz

The Hitter - OST

The Adventures of Grandmaster Flash on the Wheels of Steel 12"

James Brown - At the Organ Handful of Soul

Chicago - 13

King Curtis - Instant Groove

Latin Percussion Jazz Ensemble - Just Like Magic

Everybody's Got a Right to Live (The King Will Never Die..Broadside civil rights spoken sermon)

Stonepillow - Eleazar's Circus

Kenny Cox - Multidirection (sealed blue note!)

cheers,

M

• YOINKERS! did you cop that Gary Wilson off ebay?

yeah, for a good deal too. Got the auction to close early. I've been coming up with some great deals lately. Has to be the Christmastime vibes.

• wow! i'll say! you found all those out in the field? hows the Roy Ayers, i heard it was

'lots of love' is tracks from 'silver vibrations' and 'drivin on up' on uno melodic. it is - if you have the other 2 you have all the tracks. but its got a better sleeve than the other 2. - P