Tuff Crew - My Part of Town remix 12"

Mongo_SladeMongo_Slade 999 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
The other day I found a test press of a 12" for the "My Part of Town" remix. I'm pretty sure this never came out. Anybody else seen it?

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I've never seen that but I have 3 different versions of "MPOT" - the first which was on the "Danger Zone" LP and Warlock 12", the second which is on the "Back to Wreck Shop" LP and the third which is a bit of a combination of the 2, starting off with a sparse arrangement with a little beat and Too Tuff transforming an upward tone, which I don't have on vinyl but I do have on MP3.

Does it sound like either of the last 2? That's a real nice 12" either way. What is the flipside?

Oh yes... Hello Mister Africa. It's time to build.

• I guess these are a bunch of other versions, then. I got curious and nerded the fuck out by comparing the regular 12" and the remix back to back on the turntables.

The A-side version is pretty much identical to the regular 12"-- it omits the opening guitar piece and starts out with the Kurtis Blow "so damn tough!" and then goes directly into Ice Dog's rhyme. The only other noticeable difference is there is no ad-lib at the end.

The B-side version is more of a remix-- slightly longer intro, a bunch of drop-outs that aren't in the regular version and a couple of samples on the chorus and fade-- the Funk Inc. "Kool Is Back" drums, a guitar note from "Get Up, Get Into It, Get Involved" and some seriously not-on-beat cowbell. All of these differences are relatively subtle, though.

There are dubs of both versions and all of the tracks are pressed slightly slower and with more bass than the original.

And yes, my damie, we need to get up with the quickness.