Go Shorty! It's your Bat Mitzvah!

13»

Comments

• "my word is bond regardless..."

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

babylon, y'all, babylon. let's not get caught up in the nostalgia of the ghetto. shit was nathan nice. yiddish is a product of a most backward environment - the galut. let's move on. time to build.

Nostalgia? Not from me. I become used to a secular education, indoor plumbing, running water, relative freedom from persecution, regular bathing, disposible income, record collection, books, fruits and vegetables in the winter, heating, not having to eat kishkas and cholent every friday night, being able to mess with shicksas without getting a zetz from my pops, and so on and so on. I'll leave the shtetl to Paul Barman.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i'm a bit credulous, i'll admit.

but is it true that the upcoming Knitting Factory performance by Skull Snaps is actually for a Bat-Mitzvah party?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Think again my friend. My grandfather Mo's bar mitzvah featured Chaim Pearlgut, who was very, very big in the Yiddish Theatre back in New York. He was in the very, the sardonically irreverent "Dibbik, Schmibbik, I Said More Ham" and that revue, I believe, was 1914 and that revue is what made him famous. Incidently, the song "Bouby Made a Kishka" came from that revue.

My great uncle was at this bash....a bunch of folks apparently got sick from some rancid Gefilte Fish and a riot broke out on the dance floor when DJ Oy Vey played a banned mix of "If I Vas A Rich Man" /"Hine Matov"

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Spending 10 million dollars on a fucking kids party is sickening considering the number of better things that money could be used for.

My point exactly
    Goes for this shit to and owning 5 multimillion dollar houses

I run a charity and we support a shanty town center in peru that feeds, educates and gives vitamins to over 500 kids daily

Our yearly budget is roughly 20,000$ a year.

How much could people do with "just" 200,000$ man!No ill pay Kenny G more than that his 2 hour performance at my party is so important for my little girl

Yet we see examples of money getting blown off everywhere and it sickens me. Like that lord conrad black scam thing. He stole countless millions his bail is set at 20mil and he pays. Jesus christ 20 million one time!

Some cats got more than 5 billion (how is that universally/philosophically comprehendable/acceptable)

Socrates(could be another greek philosopher) saud while analysing money systems that we sould watch out for the way which we present our money system because if you present it as something that is possible to ammount infinitely there will be no logic.

Basically cats stack out of this world number of dough and continue to save or want to gain more. past a billion it doesnt make sense anymore

Yet it makes the world go round

reminds me of last night's daily show - the segment was on lighting the xmas tree at rocafella center, which was done by the kids who were victims of katrina's wrath. the tree has a 500 lb star on top made of 25,000 crystals.

"yeah, we're homeless orphans but the tree's gotta have a nice hat!"

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Its not really the money thing. Its really not my buisiness how people spend it.

Well, considering that David Brooks make his $$$ by selling defective body armor to U.S. troops in Iraq, technically speaking, it is OUR money since the Pentagon paid his company using our tax dollars.

• Dude, my buddy's light and sound company did this. He was telling me about it last week. They had something like 60 moving lights, and the average club has about 4.

• Nothing worse than a flamboyantly rich multimillionaire defense contractor. Kill yourself please!

I think dude invented kevlar. Also, my boy was telling me that there is something in Jewish custom that states the parents should spend 10% of their annual income on the Bar/Bat Mitzvah. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

He was telling me that the girl who's bat mitzvah it was was kinda peeved because instead of her family members holding her up in the traditional chair dance, it was a bunch of hired dancers. Then they had strippers for the adults after the kids left.

I think dude invented kevlar. Also, my boy was telling me that there is something in Jewish custom that states the parents should spend 10% of their annual income on the Bar/Bat Mitzvah. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

This is most definitely not a custom. Maybe amongst the American uber-rich this is the rule of thumb, but otherwise I'd wager that most Jewish families spend far less than 10% of their annual income on bar mitvahs. Maybe your friend is thinking of church tithes?

He was telling me that the girl who's bat mitzvah it was was kinda peeved because instead of her family members holding her up in the traditional chair dance, it was a bunch of hired dancers. Then they had strippers for the adults after the kids left.

Strippers should be a custom at every Jewish event. You can quote me on this.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Then they had strippers for the adults after the kids left.

• Then they had strippers for the adults after the kids left.

can we get a graemlin that is this, with Reynaldo's head on it, that says "HOT" ?

• I think dude invented kevlar. Also, my boy was telling me that there is something in Jewish custom that states the parents should spend 10% of their annual income on the Bar/Bat Mitzvah. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

This is most definitely not a custom. Maybe amongst the American uber-rich this is the rule of thumb, but otherwise I'd wager that most Jewish families spend far less than 10% of their annual income on bar mitvahs. Maybe your friend is thinking of church tithes?

That's what I was thinking. I should note that he prefaced that comment with "I think" which usually translates into "I have no fucking clue, and this is probably wrong, but..."

That's what I was thinking. I should note that he prefaced that comment with "I think" which usually translates into "I have no fucking clue, and this is probably wrong, but..."

Still, the strippers...