top 10 nba point guards of all time

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/11/22/gallery.alltimepointguards/content.1.htmlI think this list is pretty accurate. Noticeably absent are any current players, but that makes sense considering that the "true" point guard is basically non-existant in today's game. The only exception I can think of is

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    true only guy who still looks to be nothing more than a point guard. GP could have been considered but now he just looks for his shot posting up.

I always wanna props charlie ward as super underated

• This picture cracked me up:

What the fuck is Mo Cheecks doing? Crazy composition, almost seems posed its so perfect.

• I'm a sixers fan, but i always liked the guy on the left.

• I miss Stockton's game. The dude could do it all except win a ring.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I miss Stockton's game. The dude could do it all except win a ring.

Still though nothing but hate for malone from me.

Stockton bowed down with grace.
    My man the cowboy rancher on the other hand could never get a ring...ohnnn!

• The mailman and the glove both went way down with me when they went fishing for rings in LA. I'm glad they whiffed on the hardware.

• Bubblegum Tate...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I like what they say about John Stockton: "flawless decisions on the breaks". He would have been a great producer.

• Inch for inch, Earl Boykins is THAT DUDE.

UGH. dude was drrrty and not in the nice way

Inch for inch, Earl Boykins is THAT DUDE.

for rilla

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Can't argue with those choices, but they left out 2 of my faves, Walt Frazier (brilliant player, 2 more rings than Stockton, killer vocabulary) and Pete Maravich. Pistol might not have been considered a PG back in his day, but tell me he wouldn't be running the point for somebody nowadays. Dude had serious game, check out the socks!:

Those green suede Blazers Tiny Archibald is wearing are

• Can't argue with those choices, but they left out 2 of my faves, Walt Frazier (brilliant player, 2 more rings than Stockton, killer vocabulary) and Pete Maravich. Pistol might not have been considered a PG back in his day, but tell me he wouldn't be running the point for somebody nowadays. Dude had serious game, check out the socks!:

When his dad was coaching Clemson down in SC in the early sixties, Pete was a varsity starter in the 8th grade and was the points leader per season through out his HS carrier.

• Can't argue with those choices, but they left out 2 of my faves, Walt Frazier (brilliant player, 2 more rings than Stockton, killer vocabulary) and Pete Maravich. Pistol might not have been considered a PG back in his day, but tell me he wouldn't be running the point for somebody nowadays. Dude had serious game, check out the socks!:

i thought Clyde was a 2 guard. And Pistol Pete was the man in college but his nba career, although good, was not status.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Clyde ran the point when Dave Stallworth was there and once Earl The Pearl joined the Knicks they kinda split the 1 & 2 roles.

Inch for inch, Earl Boykins is THAT DUDE.

Here in Dallas we have a bad-ass sports talk radio station called The Ticket... one of their "reporters" does a bit where he goes into locker rooms and asks goofy questions....about 2-3 years ago the guy asks Shaq "How does it feel out on the court playing against Earl Boykins who only comes up to your penis"...without missing a beat Shaq shoots back..."Earl Boykins IS my penis"

I always wanna props charlie ward as super underated

As far as back-up point guards on second rate teams who were college quarterbacks Charlie is definitly in the Top Three!!!

Clyde ran the point when Dave Stallworth was there and once Earl The Pearl joined the Knicks they kinda split the 1 & 2 roles.

And Dick Barnett was the #2 before Stallworth

• The

=

Peace,
    Cortez

• This picture cracked me up:

GOTDAMN what year is this picture from??? I do not remember ever seeing the sixers wear this uniform before. 1981 maybe? I thought I knew every jersey evar. Gotdamn.

Love Tiny's Nikes too.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

I'm a sixers fan, but i always liked the guy on the left.

Those 3!!!!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Can't argue with those choices, but they left out 2 of my faves, Walt Frazier (brilliant player, 2 more rings than Stockton, killer vocabulary) and Pete Maravich. Pistol might not have been considered a PG back in his day, but tell me he wouldn't be running the point for somebody nowadays. Dude had serious game, check out the socks!:

Pete was named one of the top ten college players of all time in a recent Fox Sports List segment. Marques Johnson had the best quote regarding the Pistol. He said "Black people feel the same way about Pete Maravich as we do about Bill Clinton. We love him". Classic.

And Pistol Pete was the man in college but his nba career, although good, was not status.

24.2 PPG, 5.5 APG, and his other stats are all solid too. Considering the quality of his teammates I think he more than qualifies as a

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i'm a bit biased but:

• 2nd all-time assists deserves at least a mention, no?

UGH. dude was drrrty and not in the nice way

I miss his game too but yeah, he was dirty as a mufugga. Much grace, unlike the whiney clown Malone. I almost ran that dude down on his Harley one day (on accident). He was the type to turn down little kids for autographs.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    i'm a bit biased but:

Excuse me, I'm Briddish, but Stockton is 5th and Isiah 4th, surely there should be a couple more spots separating them? Hmmmm.

• 2nd all-time assists deserves at least a mention, no?

he had a solid careet, but he's def not close to the top 10. what about the other dude in that pic though? its not too often a PG gets the MVP award.

• i agree. i was just saying ... he was an unspectacular player but his assist numbers are impressive.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

"Earl Boykins IS my penis"