question

dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
how come records have more noise/static on the right channel than the left? Is this just my needle, or is this part of a bigger issue???audiophyluss.DC

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Might be your needle. One time when my needle was wearing out, one channle just went silent...

• I think one of my needles is having this issue, thanks for reminding me bout it I'm gonna go get me a new one today.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    how come records have more noise/static on the right channel than the left? Is this just my needle, or is this part of a bigger issue???

audiophyluss.

DC

This, and sibilence (sp?)

I have these problems.

You are not alone.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Another question... where can you order (cheap) Shure Needles online?

howler

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    Another question... where can you order (cheap) Ortofon[/b] Needles online?

howler

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    i asked this one other time but didnt get a reply. I have the original stanton groovemaster cartridges and i need new needles. Only problem is they(G-al) cant be found aywhere. Is there any replacement needles i can get for them or am i gonna have to get new cartridges?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Another question... where can you order (cheap) Ortofon[/b] Needles online?

howler

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hi,

I've always found good answers to these kinds of questions here:

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/vinyl/bbs.html

Peace

h

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    As long as there's a discussion of needles going on...

What needles are people using right now, and what are their relative advantages/disadvantages?

I'm finally tossing my old M-447 and I just bought an SC35C. I thought I could go cheaper because I'm not an active DJ. Honestly though, the new one sounds like crap in comparison. I hate to think I just threw away $50, but I need to find some inexpensive needles that sound better than this.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    SC35C
    M-447

i'm not a Dj so i don't know but the difference is that noticeable eh?

i need to get a new one regardless, i've been listening on this wack one where the high pitches just drop out on some records. Specifically the guitar melody on the first track of Garvey's Ghost. After the drums, the guitar plays that melody, but mines just drops out! WACK.