Whats your favorite music video?

mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Me personally it has to be the unedited Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up jont. I mean the thing is a roller coaster ride from the begining to the end and with that twist at the end. wow. http://ts.searching.com/directory.asp?mode=torrentdetails&id=167285&query=prodigy+smack+my+bitch+upI hope that torrent works. That is the only way I can find a copy of the video online.What other videos put you in awe? Oh and the Mike Skinner (the streets) video where he is getting wasted and they break into a fight in the end is dope too kinda like the prodigy video.

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    that's hilarious! even before i opened the thread i was going to put down the prodigy video - it's fucking great!

i really liked 99 problems and all the white stripes videos.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    Genius Of Love

• Pharcyde - Drop

do you remember when you realized it's all "backwards"? i think i was like when they jumped on those cars at the beginning...

• sabotage- bestie boys

( probably the best music video made till now and surely it will be wwwwwwaaaaaayy better than any video people will make in the next 30 years)

• even before i opened the thread i was going to put down the prodigy video - it's fucking great!

me to

Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up, def the best music video ever

honourable mentions

Aphex Twin - Windowlicker
    Radiohead - Paranoid Android

even before i opened the thread i was going to put down the prodigy video - it's fucking great!

me to

Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up, def the best music video ever

and yet...too bad about the song - is that movement over yet?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    That Unkle cut with Radiohead...with the guy in the Tunnel. .. that was dope. I haven't had cable going on 5 years now though so I couldn't really tell you about anything current.

• Motion Man - "Come On"

oh yea - and that chemical bros video with no real cuts - every scene connects to the next - with the shop girl waking up and all dancing girls. the song rips the drums from the beatles' tomorrow never knows.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    The chemical brothers video with the gymnatics was always a favorite

They had a good line of videos

So did daft punk

That was good but the one with the dog costume was

Electronic had videos on lock in like 97 i guess

• They have been mentioned already:

Aphex Twin - Windowlicker

Beastie Boys - Sabotage

• sabotage- bestie boys

( probably the best music video made till now and surely it will be wwwwwwaaaaaayy better than any video people will make in the next 30 years)

heres another good spike jones joint

http://www.mjz.com/qt.php?id=96

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I've always liked Bj??rk - All Is Full Love

I'm really spacing out on something... will report back if/when it comes to me.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    That Unkle cut with Radiohead...with the guy in the Tunnel. .. that was dope. I haven't had cable going on 5 years now though so I couldn't really tell you about anything current.

"Rabbit in your headlight", lindo video.

Coldplay "The Scientist" was pretty OG in my opinion.

• sabotage- bestie boys

and yet...too bad about the song

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    sabotage- bestie boys

and yet...too bad about the song

Beg to differ ill track when it came out complements the video perfectly

• or the straight-up street party vibe of

...and you thought Mike Mills rocked the squiggly notebook typography for Virgin Suicides first.....

squint and go nuts

• Hot for Teacher by a landslide.

• The chemical brothers

Prodigy

Aphex TwiN

hmmmmmm....OK how about Fatboy Slim "Praise You"?

• Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood

• Herbie Hancock "Rockit"

the unedited "Mother" by Danzig which was shown once on Headbanger's Ball and freaked me out a bit as a teen.

• one of my favs...

jamiroquai - "virtual insanity"

• r.kelly - "pee on me"

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I always liked The Roots 'What They Do', just for the deconstruction of jiggy videos. Hilarious.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• suicidal tendencies - "all i wanted was a pepsi"

n.w.a - "straight outta compton"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    suicidal tendencies - "all i wanted was a pepsi Institutionalized[/b]"

n.w.a - "straight outta compton"

• word... yeah what he said.

• window licker by aphex twin