D'Angelo !!!

ameldabeeameldabee 66 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
everything that D'Angelo has ever touched has been mixed, triturated, and blended into a beautiful mix CD ->Intro on this page -> DaBee and available for 9 lil' bucks through paypal (pay to [email]ameldabee@yahoo.com[/email] and here comes the beautiful mix CD !) Chicken Grease baby !!!

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    You should point out that its exclusively material that doesn't appear on his two albums! It makes a lot more sense to buy it knowing that...

Also don't be surprised if this thread is moved- it looks a lot like an advertisement...

Shit is deep though, I've never even heard of at least half those tracks... 45 King remix of Devil's Pie?? Where did that come from?

• it'll prolly get moved, but i am interested in that 45 king mix.........

• Well, it's not moved yet... Hope it'll stay a bit longer...

I've spent like 2 years all around the world looking for some unreleased ish' and rare remixes of D', and I found that 45 King Remix on a Japanese 12' with the Primo's Raw Version on it too...

Peace

• JoshDJoshD 215 Posts
    Looks like it'll be a while before we get some new D'Angelo material though...

• >>I've spent like 2 years all around the world looking for some unreleased ish' and rare remixes of D', and I found that 45 King Remix on a Japanese 12' with the Primo's Raw Version on it too...

I think these were originally promo-only remixes that 45 King pressed up himself. Of Japanese origin, perhaps, or maybe the Japanese just went to Beat Street or wherever and filled their camo Supreme duffle bags with product and drained our market. The labels are colored and then there's this really cheap font, not quite dot matrix but one of those lame-o CARTOON or casual hey let's print the corporate newsletter in this instead of something with serifs because it looks a little more laidback and chiiiiillll-type fonts. It's funny to think of DJs or producers or whoever fiddling with typeset. 'What signifies thug better, New Century Schoolbook or Courier New Times. Nah--GOTHIC!'

The D'Angelo one is a dull orange. I can't tell what makes the PREMIER RAW VERSION "raw," other than the sticker's accusation, and the fact that it is printed in all caps. As far as I know there is also a Bush Babees one which is a jaundice yellow color; the flip features a Pos/De La mix which, again, sounds suspiciously like the original! You sneaky king of 45s! 45 King's version (the song title xcapes me) has a thicker, more Schlieren-y bass-line, but unfortunately he did not go the whole nine yards and "remix" (or, in the parlance of my lay people, expunge) the vocals as well. If my memory serves, there was a Mobb Deep one, too.

I might just be talkin crazy, but I think there's an Aaliyah one too... I've only ever seen these things online, not out in the world...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I might just be talkin crazy, but I think there's an Aaliyah one too... I've only ever seen these things online, not out in the world...

They do exist. And there's more than you know.

They do exist. And there's more than you know.

Are any of these 45 King mixes really hot/neccessary though?? [talking strictly about this series of course]

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Mate, you got a bit of a rough ride over at the other site earlier. Usually they are a very friendly bunch of people but no-one sells stuff over there - it's one of unwritten rules of that site and that kind of post always brings down a strong reaction, particularly from a new poster. I'm sure the D'Angelo mix will be appreciated by people, although probably not by his record company.

• >>I've spent like 2 years all around the world looking for some unreleased ish' and rare remixes of D', and I found that 45 King Remix on a Japanese 12' with the Primo's Raw Version on it too...

I think these were originally promo-only remixes that 45 King pressed up himself. Of Japanese origin, perhaps, or maybe the Japanese just went to Beat Street or wherever and filled their camo Supreme duffle bags with product and drained our market. The labels are colored and then there's this really cheap font, not quite dot matrix but one of those lame-o CARTOON or casual hey let's print the corporate newsletter in this instead of something with serifs because it looks a little more laidback and chiiiiillll-type fonts. It's funny to think of DJs or producers or whoever fiddling with typeset. 'What signifies thug better, New Century Schoolbook or Courier New Times. Nah--GOTHIC!'

The D'Angelo one is a dull orange. I can't tell what makes the PREMIER RAW VERSION "raw," other than the sticker's accusation, and the fact that it is printed in all caps. As far as I know there is also a Bush Babees one which is a jaundice yellow color; the flip features a Pos/De La mix which, again, sounds suspiciously like the original! You sneaky king of 45s! 45 King's version (the song title xcapes me) has a thicker, more Schlieren-y bass-line, but unfortunately he did not go the whole nine yards and "remix" (or, in the parlance of my lay people, expunge) the vocals as well. If my memory serves, there was a Mobb Deep one, too.

Very interesting. I had no idea regarding all that. Sneaky king of 45's, fo' sho' !
    The Primo's Raw Version sounds rawer than the original mix for me... May'be it's just me though...
    Talk about it, I got served big time at that other site, damn...

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    There's also a 45 King remix of Missy's "Get Your Freak On", which obviously doesn't compare to the original, but is an interesting change of pace.

• i put this cd on my ipod last week before i went on vacation and i had it on repeat for most of the trip. nice mixing and great song selection.

anyone know how you can put mix cds on an ipod without getting that 1 second delay between tracks?

• Great !

I don't think you can adjust that 1 second latency between tracks on an ipod...

i put this cd on my ipod last week before i went on vacation and i had it on repeat for most of the trip. nice mixing and great song selection.

anyone know how you can put mix cds on an ipod without getting that 1 second delay between tracks?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    import the entire CD as one track in ITunes - select "Join CD Tracks" in the Advanced menu.

• import the entire CD as one track in ITunes - select "Join CD Tracks" in the Advanced menu.

thanks.

• import the entire CD as one track in ITunes - select "Join CD Tracks" in the Advanced menu.

Then you would not be able to skip through tracks though... right?