Dustygroove Speak!

ryanryan 334 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Dustygroove on Soulstrut:
Quite possibly the funkiest website on the internet! This well-trafficked website has got way more going on than the usual music nerd chatroom fare. To be sure, there???s plenty of talk about soul, funk, and jazz but Soulstrut digs deeper than the obvious delving into psych, folk, and even new age! Its got a spirited approach that???s all its own, and is a total must for any fan of groovy music!

Dustygroove on The_Mack???s Advice Column
Look out Dear Abby! The_Mack is Soulstrut???s legendary underage advice columnist who has a totally colorful and offbeat approach to the mundane. No question is off limit for The_Mack ??? from money to masturbation, he regularly offers brilliant advice that goes far beyond the mainstream but still manages to stay in the groove!

Dustygroove on bowel movements:
Hands down, one of our favorite bodily functions! Whether its ???dropping some friends off by the pool??? or ???hey, hey, hey, bombs away,??? this is the kind of function that convinces us that you get out of it what you put into it. A classic we never grow tired of! Totally essential!

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    15 stars!

• Needs more: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Nice one!

• reccommeded seller. A ++++++

• A classic we never grow tired of!

Wow, we hardly ever see this one anymore! A killer little quote that delivers funky niceness - sure, it's not like his earlier work, but still has a great modern stepping feel that really has us coming back for more! Essential!

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I tell ya, those descriptions at Dusty used to get when I first bought from them. This was before I knew all of their reviews were like that.

• Dustygroove on Soulstrut:
    Quite possibly the funkiest website on the internet! This well-trafficked website has got way more going on than the usual music nerd chatroom fare. To be sure, there???s plenty of talk about soul, funk, and jazz but Soulstrut digs deeper than the obvious delving into psych, folk, and even new age! Its got a spirited approach that???s all its own, and is a total must for any fan of groovy music!

Dustygroove on The_Mack???s Advice Column
    Look out Dear Abby! The_Mack is Soulstrut???s legendary underage advice columnist who has a totally colorful and offbeat approach to the mundane. No question is off limit for The_Mack ??? from money to masturbation, he regularly offers brilliant advice that goes far beyond the mainstream but still manages to stay in the groove!

Dustygroove on bowel movements:
    Hands down, one of our favorite bodily functions! Whether its ???dropping some friends off by the pool??? or ???hey, hey, hey, bombs away,??? this is the kind of function that convinces us that you get out of it what you put into it. A classic we never grow tired of! Totally essential!

As the Sklars would say "hilarious".

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction...

Various -- Christmas Classics . . . CD . . . $16.99 List Price: $17.98 (Item: 38506)
    Rhino, 1950s/1960s Condition: New Copy View Cart
    Classics is right -- because this set's got all those excellent pop Christmas tunes that we always dig hearing at the end of the year! There's lots of goodies that have stood the test of time on AM radio[/b] -- including "Jingle Bell Rock" by Bobby Helms, "Someday At Christmas" by Stevie Wonder, "Monster's Holiday" by Boris Pickett & The Crypt Kickers, "Run Rudolph Run" by Chuck Berry, "Santa Claus Go Straight To The Ghetto" by James Brown, "Winter Wonderland" by Aretha Franklin, "Sleigh Ride" by The Ventures, "White Christmas" by The Drifters, and "Rockin Around The Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee. 18 cuts in all! (From the Holiday Music page.)

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    A classic we never grow tired of!

Wow, we hardly ever see this one anymore! A killer little quote that delivers funky niceness - sure, it's not like his earlier work, but still has a great modern stepping feel that really has us coming back for more! Essential!

Really really funny.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Dusty Groove on:

Quite possibly the funkiest graemlin ever! This little monkey is not going to stay in the New Arrivals bin for long! Every once in a while disparate influences cross wires and combine into something wholly original. This little guy is a mix between groovy ghettospeak and an obscure stuffed animal that could have only found a new home on eBay. Organic African vibes and a folksy strut, a must have for this holiday season!

• Dusty Groove on:

Quite possibly the funkiest graemlin ever! This little monkey is not going to stay in the New Arrivals bin for long! Every once in a while disparate influences cross wires and combine into something wholly original. This little guy is a mix between groovy ghettospeak and an obscure stuffed animal that could have only found a new home on eBay. Organic African vibes and a folksy strut, a must have for this holiday season!

I think all Chicago Strutters should show up at DG at some appointed time and herd around the bins....then every ten seconds or so take turns saying "Nice one!" out loud to nobody in particular.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Yawl are

I think all Chicago Strutters should show up at DG at some appointed time and herd around the bins....then every ten seconds or so take turns saying "Nice one!" out loud to nobody in particular.

or...

Holding up a random record: "One we hardly ever see anymore in original!"

Holding up a random reish: "One we never thought we'd see reissued!"

either of which could be followed by "nice one!"

Where the hell is Marco "king of the dustygroove review"?

• Where the hell is Marco "king of the dustygroove review"?

Caught in a mournful reverie of the first time he saw this title, years ago, and even then he had to shell out quite a bit to get it! Now it's lovingly repackaged with extensive liner notes at a nice price for all to enjoy!

Nice one!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Review on the album Hcrink "paps what I'm talkin bout":

Heres one we enjoy and you will too. Recorded in 1978 it has a later feel, kinda slick and fusiony, but in a good way. The first track "entertain me fuckwad" always gets the dancefloor movin. Then theres the breezy jazz stepper tune we've come to know and love called "taxidermy funk". Nice one. The title track is a classic, all in all another winner by Hcrink. The long drone piece on the b-side entitled "faux turds" isn't funky but shouldn't detract from the rest of the album. Overall this ones a winner. VG condition, 42 dollars

barouquley complex, yet at the same time breezy with a nice stepping groove.

• barouquley complex, yet at the same time breezy with a nice stepping groove![/b]

barouquley complex, yet at the same time breezy with a nice stepping groove![/b]

Damnit! I knew I forgot something!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    y'all are some funny motherfuckers.

this shit has me laughing out loud
    I'm in public.

Nice one!: More than 250 items found. Only the first 250 will be displayed.

• Nice one!: More than 250 items found. Only the first 250 will be displayed.

To be fair: your search was for NICE or ONE. A search for "nice one" in quotes reveals a paltry 45 matches.

Oh, and nice one!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    overlooked: More than 250 items found. Only the first 250 will be displayed.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    overlooked: More than 250 items found. Only the first 250 will be displayed.

bubbling

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Review on the album Hcrink "paps what I'm talkin bout":

Heres one we enjoy and you will too. Recorded in 1978 it has a later feel, kinda slick and fusiony, but in a good way. The first track "entertain me fuckwad" always gets the dancefloor movin. Then theres the breezy jazz stepper tune we've come to know and love called "taxidermy funk". Nice one. The title track is a classic, all in all another winner by Hcrink. The long drone piece on the b-side entitled "faux turds" isn't funky but shouldn't detract from the rest of the album. Overall this ones a winner. VG condition, 42 dollars

Heh..."Taxidermy Funk"!

Here's one of the strangest (and, by and large, most inaccurate) descriptions I found on DGA for a re-ish of "Perfect Touch - Touching You" they used to carry:

Party time! Here's a sweet batch of lost disco era funky soul from Detroit's Perfect Touch! Perfect Touch vamps proudly on this set of tracks, with great singles like "This Is Hot" and "Do You Want To Party", with tightly thumpin' bass groove leading the way for a soaring chorus, catchy guitar and keyboards you can feel thumping in your chest. The group takes a couple trips into mellower soul, too, but the dancefloor vibe is still in full effect! Most of the number fly well past the five minute mark, leaving plenty of wiggle room to get the floor moving. Tracks include "This Is Hot", "Do You Wanna Party", "Someday", "Don't Even Try It", "Won't You Come Home", "Merry Go Round" and "What Goes Around".

It's no longer on their site since they don't carry it anymore, but I swear this was a real DGA description.

nice one!

SG

• stepper: 78 items
    baroque: 185 items

I think we have a winner...

Nice one!: More than 250 items found. Only the first 250 will be displayed.

To be fair: your search was for NICE or ONE. A search for "nice one" in quotes reveals a paltry 45 matches.

Oh, and nice one!

hatter

• you owe it to yourself to type in baroque. That shit is like a million reviews with "baroque soul" and "baroque arrangements" and "baroque jazz feel"!

VG- condition, 22 dollars

Nice one!