Thailand.....What records to look for?

bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Hey guys my friend is of to Thailand and I hope he???s going to get a little diggin time (you reading this Cassius!).So can anyone drop some science with regards to what Thai records to look for?There was a thread some time ago on the same subject but it didn???t get much deeper than The Impossible and Please. I???m guessing theress a little more out there to catch.Now I remember something about there being a funky 7inch for a cigarette company or something? Anyone know the deal on this one?Cheers.

Comments

• Joe Cruz & The Cruzettes

good luck!

• the record he should look for, is the record for the number of underage prostitutes banged in a single evening.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    the record he should look for, is the record for the number of underage prostitutes banged in a single evening.

All he needs to do is ask Gary Glitter for the 411 on that...

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Picture sleeves with Euro/US bands can be worth big bucks.
    The one with sex pistols is raer.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Having spent a couple of months in Thailand every year for the last 4 years and found very few records I'd say good luck. There is one record shop in BK that I know of but its pants.

The cigarette promo you are talking about is from Malaysia and it rocks in a Hammond Mohawk type way. I've still got a few spares of this that I've been sitting on that I found in KL about 4 years ago.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    I've spoke about it a few times in the past, but Sakura Teng is really good. She has a few which should be checked out but the red colored LP is the one to get. It has a fuzzed out version of "Papa's Got A Brand New Bag". Also look for Rita Chao as well as The Quests

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Having spent a couple of months in Thailand every year for the last 4 years and found very few records I'd say good luck. There is one record shop in BK that I know of but its pants.

The cigarette promo you are talking about is from Malaysia and it rocks in a Hammond Mohawk type way. I've still got a few spares of this that I've been sitting on that I found in KL about 4 years ago.

I've seen a couple of Thai films that seem to have pretty solid soundtracks - some of 'em w/ braeks as well - so it may be worthwhile digging for the rather limited selection in that particular area...

• Joe Cruz & The Cruzettes

good luck!

ah, correct myself... they're from the philippines!

anyway good luck ;-)