ARCHAIC RAPS

jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
After an extended vocational tour through the south, I had a chance to dig into boxes of thousands of tapes, records, dust, cd's, dinosaurs, and other collections of dust. I have returned to NY bearing a gift that I can only hope will live up to it's anticipation (YEAH RIGHT). This is the radio promo that Archaic/Rashied/R2G2 made for my boy's radio show back in the day. When they decided that they would not play it. He got pissed and made additional tapes. This is the tape that started off this legendary (read: non existent) beef. Enjoy. It comes with a decoder if you can't decipher these lyrics.http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2MB5T6EOI4Z3C15UGBEDI6EY3I

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    whoa

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    After an extended vocational tour through the south, I had a chance to dig into boxes of thousands of tapes, records, dust, cd's, dinosaurs, and other collections of dust. I have returned to NY bearing a gift that I can only hope will live up to it's anticipation (YEAH RIGHT).

This is the radio promo that Archaic/Rashied/R2G2 made for my boy's radio show back in the day. When they decided that they would not play it. He got pissed and made additional tapes. This is the tape that started off this legendary (read: non existent) beef. Enjoy. It comes with a decoder if you can't decipher these lyrics.

http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2MB5T6EOI4Z3C15UGBEDI6EY3I

oh snap! I think I speak for everyone when I say that I never thought we'd get a chance to hear this. Thanks!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    After an extended vocational tour through the south, I had a chance to dig into boxes of thousands of tapes, records, dust, cd's, dinosaurs, and other collections of dust. :

one must ask where the archaelogical site was located.

double, whoa.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    OUCH! MY EARS!

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    it's high bit rate for all you serato fools.

To be honest, I was hoping the train wreck would be a little more grisly. In the back of my mind I was expecting him to go off for like 5 minutes and rap like Spoon Iodine. That would have made my week.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    To be honest, I was hoping the train wreck would be a little more grisly. In the back of my mind I was expecting him to go off for like 5 minutes and rap like Spoon Iodine. That would have made me week.

yeah that is what I was hoping for as well. It still sucked. He should stick to writing (no rap)

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    To be honest, I was hoping the train wreck would be a little more grisly. In the back of my mind I was expecting him to go off for like 5 minutes and rap like Spoon Iodine. That would have made me week.

Style messiah like a volcano with fiyah..............

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    there is a lot more... it's just extremely time consuming, with very little payoff to go through hundreds of show tapes trying to find this shit... i was busy building shelves for thousands of records in tiger's storage. Sorry the disappointment was not as disappointing as expected.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    guzzo's freestyle bitchslaps that shit... but my raps are nothing to laud, either.

there is a lot more...

The wait will seem endless.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    there is a lot more...

The wait will seem endless. ... and probably futile.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    yeah i mean, it was pretty bad, but not much worse than most of the junk that atak used to sell.

spoon iodine is dope.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    How long ago was this?

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

spoon iodine is dope.

I was expecting more blowed biting.

Well, at least he doesn't sound like Micah.

I do miss Archiac, though. Not ironically either.

Spoon Iodine kills.

-e

• not much worse than most of the junk that atak used to sell

spoon iodine is dope

SAY THAT SHIT TO MY FACE BITCH!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    not much worse than most of the junk that atak used to sell

when's the Konceptual Archaism tape dropping?

spoon iodine is dope

I'm new to your country. Can someone please help me with a translation?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    guzzo's freestyle bitchslaps that shit... but my raps are nothing to laud, either.

battle.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Sounds like he's "Cool like that" LOL

• He's banned but we're still listening to his voice... haha.

when's the Konceptual Archaism tape dropping?

Don't touch the girls 4-track

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I like this - he kinda sounds like Q Tip.