Do you have an eBay nemesis?

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I do. Some Euro-bastard called reddesert. Whenever I check the experamental lp's I have saved as searches, he's bidding. ALWAYS. Think it's bad to want Skull Snaps along with all the 3,000,000 other breaks.com retards? Well, it's no better being into some super nitche type shit. to quote the bard Schnipper...'SOMETIMES I ALSO HATE WHEN I BID A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF MONEY ON A RECORD THE AMOUNT I FEEL COMFORTABLE SPENDING AND THEN SOMEONE ELSE WHO HAS THEIR OWN PERSONAL AMOUNT THAT THEY WANT TO SPEND AN AMOUNT THAT IS HIGHER THAN MY AMOUNT THEY BID ON THAT RECORD AS WELL AND THEY WIN THAT RECORD AND THEN I DIDN'T WIN IT I HATE THAT'

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    cup o pizza

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    you get no butt dawg!

• I have beef with all sellers that won't burn you a copy if you lose because of their morals.

I understand it's the right thing to do I guess. But i hate it.

I bid on some cd singles, not the rarest thing ever. They were not sealed and i lost the bet, so i mailed a guy saying I'd pay for a cd-r if they could do it.

I got a nasty responce about how it's not fair to the guy that won and if I wanted it that badly i should have bid more.

oh and I hate this guy, I forget his name but he spends mad loot on hip hop and tupperware. He has pages and pages of won bids on old school hip hop, out of print cd's, and TUPPERWARE. 100's of pieces of tupperware.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    funkymuse = little dude's arch nemesis

• you know how many people ask me to burn shit for them? fuck that. i would be sitting here recording records all day long.

reddessert bums me out too. he wants the same records i want.

i am my own ebay nemesis. i sell all the records i would like to keep for myself.

ap

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    i sell all the records i would like to keep for myself

• djrdjr 511 Posts

i am my own ebay nemesis. i sell all the records i would like to keep for myself.

You've got some quality titles in the latest batch, that's for sure.

As far as me, any of the other funk 45 collectors......

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    yes, burning a cd for folks that lose is not something I do. I have a hard enough time getting around to listing records, let alone sitting around recording them. I prefer finding them, listening to them and watching soulstrut

• latinjazziac is my Newman.

• i am my own ebay nemesis. i sell all the records i would like to keep for myself.

You've got some quality titles in the latest batch, that's for sure.

As far as me, any of the other funk 45 collectors......

this record's so good i want to buy it from myself...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4798057439

• you know how many people ask me to burn shit for them? fuck that. i would be sitting here recording records all day long.

reddessert bums me out too. he wants the same records i want.

ap

ahh... I should have explained. It's not any type of person who sells the amount of stuff you sell. These are people with 2 or 3 auctions tops.

But I'm saying. If I PAY MONEY for a burned copy and your effort... What's the difference between that and selling records. I mean you are selling them for the money right?

oh.. and I don't ask for record burns. That's a bitch and you have to sit with the record. I'm talking about asking for burned copies of cd's only.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    A couple of years back a guy wrote and asked me to burn a CD of an LP I had sold on ebay....I politely told him I wasn't set up to do that....his answer back was "Right answer, I'm with the RIAA"

Not sure if he was legit, but it's gotta make ya think.

Rich

I don't have time any more, but once opon a time I was burning CDRs of jazz rares at 25 a pop. In most cases it was more than I spent on the record. No more tho.

• i had someone who lost an auction (to me) ask for a cd copy of the record I had just bought

my ebay nemesis is my brain, i always remember about auctions right after they close.

• I do. Some Euro-bastard called reddesert. Whenever I check the experamental lp's I have saved as searches, he's bidding. ALWAYS. Think it's bad to want Skull Snaps along with all the 3,000,000 other breaks.com retards? Well, it's no better being into some super nitche type shit.

I know this guy. Do not fugg with the man's mimaroglu. He has a large budget and must spend 3k a month on mail order vinyl. That said he does have good taste and does not buy crap.

Plus a lot of what he buys I figure a dozen people in the world are really after (will spend more than $10 on) so I can just wait for the next copy. He outbid me on a barry traux record a while ago, I waited a few months and got the next one for half his high bid. I mean how many people spend $ on barry traux or electro-acoustic LPs on heliodor or whatever. not many.

Who really scare me are aquarius_black and all those jazz cats who sit around waiting for that one record they will drop $1000 on.

• Intense dudes:

spruz_lee
    tffunk
    aquarius_black
    alkebu-lan67 (he's a nice guy too)

• marcofunk. because he buys all those soca records with afros on them for $300.

• ISSA FUNKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    i had someone who lost an auction (to me) ask for a cd copy of the record I had just bought

If someone asked me to do that, it'd be a short reply. Two words, in fact.

• i had someone who lost an auction (to me) ask for a cd copy of the record I had just bought

Why? I'm totally confused by this. The guy just wants to hear it probably. That's what music is for. What's the big deal?

"Fifty bucks"???

I'm not against doing this for someone. I'm just too much of a lazy fug to do it. I think for 25$ a pop, I'd do it though.

what happened to this thread? Who the fuck emails people to burn them CD's on eBay?

what happened to this thread? Who the fuck emails people to burn them CD's on eBay?

dingleberries, douchebags, and dongers

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    As some on this site will recall, I made a post regarding an e-mail taunt from an eBayer named soultripin[/b] who sniped me at the last second on 1 of 4 closing items from the same seller. This is, in totality, the e-mail:

"Learn how to bid."

Ouch.
    One week later, I got another e-mail; this time, it was a second-chance auction. Turns out soultripin[/b], the silver-tongued sniper, never paid.

As some on this site will recall, I made a post regarding an e-mail taunt from an eBayer named soultripin[/b] who sniped me at the last second on 1 of 4 closing items from the same seller. This is, in totality, the e-mail:

"Learn how to bid."

Ouch.
    One week later, I got another e-mail; this time, it was a second-chance auction. Turns out soultripin[/b], the silver-tongued sniper, never paid.

that's what I'm talkin' bout. more stories!!!

• what happened to this thread? Who the fuck emails people to burn them CD's on eBay?

dingleberries, douchebags, and dongers

I once sold the Clydie King album on Tiger Lily. The second highest bidder emailed to see if I'd make him a CD of it and offered $60. I was more than happy to do it.

• I eBay nemesis is anybody that posts up the same record I am selling within 24 hours of me listing mine. Definately

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I had a dude do that, and jack my photo, too. And it was an OG of Bliss, a real clean copy. That pissed me off, that he was literally stealing the image of my copy to represent his copy. He wrote back on some "hey we're all brothers man" bullshit. My copy sold for $140 and his didn't crack a C note so booYAH.