J.O.B. Orquestra - Open the Doors to Your Heart LP

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Found this over the weekend. It has been discussed briefly here in the past. It's on Guzzo's list, but don't hold that against it Krishna disco. Mainly curious if anyone knows if they had any other releases? or other stuff on the same label thats worth picking up.Not that I'm crazy about Krishna disco, but the chiller moments are pretty dope. (someone mentioned a track was used on a Conmen tape)and if anyone here has sampled it for a beat or song or whatever, I'd love to hear.

Comments

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    It's a pretty easy thriftstore find, I guess. I think the final cut on the B was on AEIOU2 or it was sampled by Diplo.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I think its on the same label as RASA... maybe?

Strange how these Krishna-issued records are all over the damn place... they must've been widely distributed as propaganda tools...

• Never really been super easy to find in my neck of the woods and i'm in hippie mecca.I like this LP a lot myself.It definitely has it's moments but "govinda" is the shining one.Not quite the same,but see if you can find miles of smiles-(personal fave) in the spiritual bag.

Chris

• Never really been super easy to find in my neck of the woods and i'm in hippie mecca.I like this LP a lot myself.It definitely has it's moments but "govinda" is the shining one.Not quite the same,but see if you can find miles of smiles-(personal fave) in the spiritual bag.

Chris

Chris I think this is more of an "east coast" record. I never found copies while living in CA but trip over them out here... more in the rural longhair/ex-hippy parts than in the city but still

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    I got a UK spare if anyone needs it

• I'd buy any Krishna record for a dollar...there is some good stuff out there...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    this record is dope

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    govida and open your doors are both nice tunes.

i may have a spare somewhere as well if someone needs it.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I trip over copies of that record in Australia too!

• tsotso 39 Posts
    Found it Australia and Norway

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I think its on the same label as RASA... maybe?
    Its on OM Records (244 W. 49th St. New York, NY 10019)
    thanks for actually addressing one of my questions.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Yeah it was on one of the Conmen joints... the song "Govinda" is NOT the source of the "Deep Cover" baseline... Soulman said so! So you know its the truth ruth. That Govinda label is cool, I have another release called Atma. Its like Rasa and the J.O.B thing, it has a crazy disco intro break somewhere on there... dont pay to much.