appreciate NEIL DIAMOND, fuckerz!!!

2»

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Anyone else seen Neil Diamond Parking lot by Jeff Krulik, the same guy that did Heavy Metal Parking lot? Ladies Love Cool Diamond. Plus he's a staple in the karaoke box.

I need to see this! Do you have a copy?

do you live in NYC? Kim's would have it, no?

i believe youre speaking to the beach dude to end all beach dudes, brah.

oops - sorry.

• whatwhatwhatwhat 89 Posts
    I'm looking forward to hearing the tracks he's recording with Rick Rubin

for real? this might be dope!

For real!

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/7223740/neildiamond?pageid=rs.NewsArchive&pageregion=mainRegion&rnd=1114801160105&has-player=false

Diamond Teams With Rubin

Pop legend returns to songwriting roots on upcoming set

Rick Rubin is hoping to do for Neil Diamond what he did for Johnny Cash. The producer -- who revived the Man in Black's career in the Nineties with the Grammy-winning American Recordings series -- has revealed to Rolling Stone that he is producing Diamond's next album, the follow-up to 2001's Three Chord Opera.
    "I've always been a fan. We got to meet and talk, and it just kind of happened," Rubin says of the project, which he hopes will be out by year's end. "We've done all the basic tracks, and we're gonna go from there."

The record will mark a slight change in direction for Diamond, moving away from his recent, lavishly arranged crooner material to his stripped-down singer-songwriter style of the late Sixties. "This is more of a songwriter's album than a singer's album," says Rubin.

Diamond made his name almost forty years ago penning such anthems as "Kentucky Woman," "Sweet Caroline" and "Cracklin' Rosie." The Monkees scored a Number One hit with Diamond's "I'm a Believer" in 1966, UB40 did the same with "Red, Red Wine" in 1988 and Urge Overkill's rendition of "Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon" was the leftfield hit from the Pulp Fiction soundtrack in 1994. Cash and Rubin worked up a cover of Diamond's "Solitary Man" for 2000's American III: Solitary Man.

Rubin hopes the record will underscore Diamond's reputation as one of pop's greatest songwriters: "He deserves it more than anyone."

Diamond is currently on tour in Australia. He will then travel to Europe before beginning a U.S. trek in July.

STEVE BALTIN
    (Posted Mar 29, 2005)

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    Dude Graduated from my High School. Abraham Lincoln Hs Coney Island.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I always get choked up when I hear "America."

Today!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    thanks alot! im now whistling shiloh around the workplace.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I've always been partial to "Cracklin' Rosie."

What is "cracklin' rosie," anyway? Heroin? Seriously...

• "They're comin' to America..."

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

"They're comin' to America..."

Haha! To Brooklyn, as a matter of fact.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts