Minor Celebrities in Clubs

DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
WHat is the point? What do they do? Just hang out and drink? do they talk? do they perform? Has anyone been to anything like this?

Comments

• How sad is it to be one of these people?

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    oh man. Im sure it is hella sad.

• "hella sad"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    How sad is it to be one of these people?

Most people dont ever have the chance in meeting a real celebrity. So Joe from WestBubbleFuck, Anywhere would jump at the chance @ meeting someone on TV.

Being in New York, I'm real jaded. "Celebrities" done move me much. I do get excited when I see a washed up rapper takin the train like errybody else.

• Yo, Pedro gets around. I remember a while back he was in Richmond VA and it was a big deal for some reason. I saw that shit on the fucking local news. I'm sure they get paid for it so who can blame them for milking their 15 seconds.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

"hella sad"
    i don't understand why he was embarresed to have shaved his head in the movie schitt didn't make sense to me.

I hear that, but what do they do? I mean they just show up? Schmooze?

Its still sad and I basically live in west bubblefuck and couldnt care less.

• In NY they show up and take pictures for the press if its a big opening night, then they just hang out, sometimes for only five minutes, they are mainly there for the photo op's. There are people here who's job is to get celebrities to show up to parties and club openings. Thats the only thing they do, make sure they show up and take a picture with the logo or doors behind them.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I hear that, but what do they do? I mean they just show up? Schmooze?

Its still sad and I basically live in west bubblefuck and couldnt care less.

I know u know better, but millions of people watch TV. Millions.

Starstruck iz a muthafucka.

• Pedro is a fucking DJ.

• These guys are coming to DC as well (I will not be attending):

DC LAGUNA BEACH BASH VIP
    NITE FX
    Friday, 12/2/2005
    Presale: $25.00
    Ticket Sales Stop at 4:00:00 PM (PST) 12/2/2005
    Talent: A VIP TICKET GUARANTEES YOU TO MEET THE CAST MEMBERS IN THE VIP FOR PICTURES, PARTY AT THEIR TABLE AND WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE---WHAT HAPPENS IN LAGUNA STAYS IN LAGUNA The team that brought The OC, Real World, Viva La Bam and Simple Plan to DC bring you... THE DC LAGUNA BEACH BASH Featuring: - Meet and party with members of the Laguna Beach cast! - Amazing drink specials: $2 BEERS and $3 SHOOTERS - Bead Toss with 2 FREE AIRFARE TIX for the lady w/ the most beads - Hot 99.5's Chris Styles spinning the best Hip Hop, House and Top 40 in the main room. Retro and 80's in the side room.
    Info: THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT - SECURE YOUR DISCOUNTED TICKETS NOW TO SKIP THE LINE AND GUARANTEE ENTRANCE TO THE LAST BIG PARTY OF THE YEAR
    - Walking distance from Georgetown and GW
    - Parking across the street
    - Metro: Foggy Bottom (orange and blue lines)
    Doors Open at: 9:00 PM
    Doors Close at: 2:00 AM
    Will Call for Ticket Pick-up Closes at: 2:00 AM
    Ages: 18 and up
    Remember to bring: - Your camera to get pics with your favorite cast members from Laguna Beach! - Your ID
    Items not allowed: No hats, athletic wear or timbs
    Lulu???s Club Mardi Gras
    Corner of 22nd & Mst, NW
    Washington, DC 20016 United States

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    If Kristen or LC from the OC were going, I'd be thurr.

-e

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Yo, Pedro gets around. I remember a while back he was in Richmond VA and it was a big deal for some reason. I saw that shit on the fucking local news. I'm sure they get paid for it so who can blame them for milking their 15 seconds.
    HAHAHA! I djed at (used to be) AREA 51 w/ Blacksheep in Shockoe bottom, and the party was hosted by some dude, nate, from the real world. It was a much bigger deal for me to be on stage w/ Mr Lawnge than that fucking retard. At one point he grabbed the mic and started MCing. I cut his volume immediately, and he threw a tempertantrum. We were all laughing at him. It was sad.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    These guys are coming to DC as well (I will not be attending):

DC LAGUNA BEACH BASH VIP
    NITE FX
    Friday, 12/2/2005
    Talent: A VIP TICKET GUARANTEES YOU TO MEET THE CAST MEMBERS IN THE VIP FOR PICTURES, PARTY AT THEIR TABLE AND WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE---WHAT HAPPENS IN LAGUNA STAYS IN LAGUNA The team that brought The OC, Real World, Viva La Bam and Simple Plan to DC bring you... THE DC LAGUNA BEACH BASH Featuring: - Meet and party with members of the Laguna Beach cast! - Amazing drink specials: $2 BEERS and $3 SHOOTERS - Bead Toss with 2 FREE AIRFARE TIX for the lady w/ the most beads - Hot 99.5's Chris Styles spinning the best Hip Hop, House and Top 40 in the main room. Retro and 80's in the side room.
    Info: THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT - SECURE YOUR DISCOUNTED TICKETS NOW TO SKIP THE LINE AND GUARANTEE ENTRANCE TO THE LAST BIG PARTY OF THE YEAR
    Remember to bring: - Your camera to get pics with your favorite cast members from Laguna Beach! - Your ID
    Lulu???s Club Mardi Gras
    Corner of 22nd & Mst, NW

as long as "hot" 21 yr old college girls are suckers, these events will remain a draw. And as long as 21 year old college dudes like to meet said suckers, they will often sell out.

Did anyone see the Office Christmas Special, where they show Brent doing events like this? Milking his 'Reality TV'-fame for drunk kids who had no idea who the fuck he is? Hilariously sad.

Did anyone see the Office Christmas Special, where they show Brent doing events like this? Milking his 'Reality TV'-fame for drunk kids who had no idea who the fuck he is? Hilariously sad.

that is EXACTLY what I thought about when I saw this. That was hilarious. He thought he was just so important.

• These guys are coming to DC as well (I will not be attending):

DC LAGUNA BEACH BASH VIP
    NITE FX
    Friday, 12/2/2005
    Lulu???s Club Mardi Gras
    Corner of 22nd & Mst, NW

as long as "hot" 21 yr old college girls are suckers, these events will remain a draw. And as long as 21 year old college dudes like to meet said suckers, they will often sell out.

I like where he realizes that he's below the level of the kid from 'Big Brother', as if the situation couldn't get any worse...

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I remember seeing "Bob from Ferndale aka one of those guys that lost on The Bachelor then got his own show" at a college bar in East Lansing. That dude was just shmoozing, taking pictures and taking every makeout request from any dame that asked. That dude was sucking face for two straight hours. That was hilarious.

I'm sure the fellas that do spots like that get a lot of unnecessary tail doing those gigs. Hey... do it is what I say! That's why I stay away from these slores.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    WHAT HAPPENS IN LAGUNA STAYS IN LAGUNA