Records you bought and forgot to listen to...

DirtyBeatGuyDirtyBeatGuy 297 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I always end up buying a large stack and something gets filed away prematurely - I just realized I've had this record for almost a year - and just got around to realizing I hadn't peeped it. Jokes on me - good listen.King Shorty "Mr. Rhythm" Lp on Konduko (T.K.)

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I was just looking for some trades so I moved a stack and underneath was about a dozen records I never went through.

oops.

• I didn't forget[/b] to listen to it, exactly, but when I bought a 45 of the Temptations'"Ball Of Confusion" some years back, I filed it away. (1) I knew what it sounded like, heard it a thousand times, so I had no pressing need to listen to it just then. (2) I bought it because it was cleaner than the old one I had, plus this time around it had a picture sleeve.

And then last night, all of a sudden I find myself in a "Ball Of Confusion" mood.

So then I lowered the needle, expecting to hear the usual off-mic count-off followed by the bass riff, then all of a sudden I hear this blast of psychedelic funk that is NOT "B.O.C." and definitely ain't the Temptations.

After some research, turns out it was "Stone Soul Booster" by Buzzie. Stupid title, devastating song. I'm definitely playing this out next month at the Hideout. Apparently this was a mistake at the record plant, since Buzzie's record came out on the same label, Gordy.

Of course, this now means that I gotta track down a proper copy of "B.O.C.," although it won't take long or cost much, but it was a nice little surprise nevertheless.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Not "forgotten" but more like "have no time" for about 100+ records that are sitting in a shelf in my living room for hmmm, I think I have some records I bought at least 2 years ago in there, maybe a little longer.

• Same thing here - just when shit gets out of control messy I end up filing away records I have yet to listen to and end up forgetting until I flip through to it.

• tsotso 39 Posts
    I have some records stored at my parents place, always bring a record or two back home after visiting them. I love to "re-find" records I bought earlier. Last was Smoked Sugar - Smoked Sugar

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Same thing here - just when shit gets out of control messy I end up filing away records I have yet to listen to and end up forgetting until I flip through to it. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121thats why i put my never-played records in a special place (theres not many of those, so its fairly easy to find space)