austin, texas

ryanryan 334 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
i am going back after several years. any new spots i should be aware of? pm me. thanks.

Comments

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Watch out for the New Orleans to Austin transplant digger, he wears a green castro hat and has a beard.

He wil try to sell you some shit on the fable label and then when your not looking, he will stab you.

Don't be fooled.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    sound on sound in north austin is nice if you ask me.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Watch out for the New Orleans to Austin transplant digger, he wears a green castro hat and has a beard.

He wil try to sell you some shit on the fable label and then when your not looking, he will stab you.

Don't be fooled.

nightmarish tale, I think I have seen said digger

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I always find stuff at Antone's.......guess it depends what you're looking for....they specialize in Blues/Country/Texas vintage vinyl....but also carry rock, funk/soul and some International.....pretty fair prices with not much above $20.....Forever Young has the best selection in the Dallas area....their price structure is aimed at Lottery winners and local Oil Barons.

Rich

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    antone's is the only real record shop left. decent but slim pickings. just depends on what you look for.

cheapo's- you might get lucky and find something but it's grim.

waterloo does not deal in used vinyl with the exception of a section not larger than 300 records.

you might try sound on sound on north loop, although more geared toward punk stuff.

also might look into end of an ear on s. 1st street- small shop but i manage to find a few bits here or there.

it's in austin. i have not been impressed.

i also have records.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    their price structure is aimed at Lottery winners and local Oil Barons.

i had wondered about their customer base after my one and only visit and now it all makes sense.

• i also have records.

back from digging trips in Colorado and Utah... got a few pieces for sale at my house.

good luck in the stores, but as rich said it depends on what you are looking for I guess.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Utah?

when did that happen?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I was in Austin yesterday and stopped at Antones.....slim pickings and I take back what I said about their prices being $20.00 and under.....looked like they had a major price hype across the board......I picked up 4 LP's.....I usually walk out with at least 20....must be all those Evacuee diggers!!!

Ari....give me a ring when you know when you'll be up this way.