Best QUANTIC production?

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
edited April 2005 in Music Talk
The James Brown post got me thinking (and I end the similarity there!), about another highly prolific producer - anybody have access to a FULL Quantic/QSO discog? What's his best productions? Top three? Does anybody have a copy of his Nas "Get Down" remix, or Sunshine Anderson remix for trade?So far from what I've heard, I'd nominate:Super 8[/b] - his first 7"? First thing by him that I ever heard, and still one of my favsSound of Everything - a totally different sound from his raw drum thingHold On Tight - his new one giving me goosebumps

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I really dig the Quantic soul orcestra stuff, my fav of which is the 'pushin' on' 7" which is fi-ya. Shit goes str8 in between old school funk cuts and no one realises it was released a year ago! But seriously, release date aside it's just a killer piece of vocal funk. Reminds me of Spanky Wilson vocally, but the musis is just something else.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    dude is like 24 yrs. old.

i here he is now currently working with mulatu in ethiopia.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    One of my favourite Quantic productions is his remix of Kyoto Jazz Massive's - Brightness of a New Day ft. Vanessa Freeman on vocals.. shit is crazy...trust me.

'Prelude To Happening' on his new LP is amazing too.

My current favourite producer as a matter of fact

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    I'm a fan of all of his works. the dude is a fucking genius in my opinion.

My favorite production right now has to be The Ghana Sounds joint. On some different shit all together. And that bass? Damn. Nasty!

• I am peeping the mishaps happening for the first time right now. shit is really dope.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I'm a fan of all of his works. the dude is a fucking genius in my opinion.

My favorite production right now has to be The Ghana Sounds joint. On some different shit all together. And that bass? Damn. Nasty!

good call man... he kills it on those mixes!

i have to buy that 12" , i was borrowing it, but had to give it back...

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    yeah, i heard Nickodemus from (TOTH) juggling with the Ghana Sounds record one night and that blew me away.

Time to buy another copy.

cheers.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

So far from what I've heard, I'd nominate:

Super 8[/b] - his first 7"? First thing by him that I ever heard, and still one of my favs

That dude is very talented.

I also nominate the remix 12" for Mishaps

• Does anybody have a copy of his Nas "Get Down" remix, or Sunshine Anderson remix for trade?

I have one of the Sunshine Anderson white label 12"s for trade/sale.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    One of my favourite Quantic productions is his remix of Kyoto Jazz Massive's - Brightness of a New Day ft. Vanessa Freeman on vocals.. shit is crazy...trust me.

Dig this a lot. Dude's stuff has a very earthy organic feel to it. The rawness.

• Options
    He's got a mix on that new Keb Darge/Rza Kings Of Funk comp, it's track 2 on the Keb side. I forgot title and artist but the track is pretty dope.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    As far as his LPs go, 5th Exotic is more on the blazing downtempo side, while Apricot Morning and Mishaps Happening have their little mixtures of house, soul, drum and bass, and whatever the fuck.

Prelude to Happening - http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=35WKZEPIC161C18ZKRN1UUI8RS
    Probably my favorite track from him.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

yeah something like that. How did this cat come up?

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    Personal top 5:

Super 8 (& super 8 part 3 - walking through tomorrow) (45/ Stampede LP)
    Something thats real (Stampede LP)
    Raw Ingredients (Stampede LP)
    Sunday Driver (Limp Twins LP)
    Don't Joke with a hungry man (Mishaps)

heres a snap of dude I took last year:

• Options

Yep. On a new album, too...coming on on Soundway.

K.

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    I really dig the Quantic soul orcestra stuff, my fav of which is the 'pushin' on' 7" which is fi-ya. Shit goes str8 in between old school funk cuts and no one realises it was released a year ago! But seriously, release date aside it's just a killer piece of vocal funk. Reminds me of Spanky Wilson vocally, but the musis is just something else.

Seconded. Pushin' on is a great 45.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I lost my super 8, anyone got a copy they wanna sell/trade? and yeah that limp twins is pretty nice, I keep forgetting to cop that.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I"m sure I"m missing some but these are the ones off the top of my head.

Sunshine Anderson "Heard it All Before" (QSO rmx) - should've bought a double
    Quantic Soul Orchestra "Hold It Down"
    Oscar Sulley "Bukom Mashie (Quantic remix)"
    Quantic "Transalantic"
    Quantic "Mishaps Happening" - both the og and rmx
    Quantic "Perception" - again both the og and rmx by nu:tone

I think they went down to ethopia to record once so far, and plan on returning again later this year to record more. They being Quantic and Miles Cleret.

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

Love all his work but gotta go with Mishaps Happening (the song) for my personal favorite.
    Doesn't sound like any of his more rugged stuff but still very very very dope nonetheless.
    And I LOVE how the drums kick in real hard about half way through!!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

While browsing Quantic/QSO soundfiles I stumbled upon this remix - pretty amazing just for the drums...

• lucerolucero 425 Posts

I think they went down to ethopia to record once so far, and plan on returning again later this year to record more. They being Quantic and Miles Cleret.

they've dropped an afro funk mix CD too, not sure how widely available it is

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts

Yep. On a new album, too...coming on on Soundway.

K.

FUCK

best news ive heard in a LONG time

and yeah..on the ghana soundz sampler....straight killah sickness

the ghana soundz compz 1 and 2 are ILL shit

u can cop all three joints at

http://www.tunes.co.uk/perl/tunes_search.pl?search_key=all&match=fuzzy&search_value=sound+way&x=16&y=5

• magromanmagroman 88 Posts
    got to say the Los Hermanos Latinos 12" ??
    is real fine - but I'm a sucker for the latin...

I'm looking forward to what ever Will does with Mulatu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend says her dad who lives in Detroit saw Mulatu play in the states recently. Is she tripping?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    got to say the Los Hermanos Latinos 12" ??

This is what I was saying when I asked for a FULL discog. Quantic's white label stuff doesn't get mentioned anywhere 'official'.

That was Quantic? Websites sellnig it said 'a couple of producers', if Quantic was one of them, I'd imagine Mr Scruff was the other. Any one know for sure?

The Tru-Thoughts website mentions a QSO cover of Mr Scruff's "Get A Move On" that has been preformed at live shows seeing some kind of release. Sounds promising...

• got to say the Los Hermanos Latinos 12" ??

This is what I was saying when I asked for a FULL discog. Quantic's white label stuff doesn't get mentioned anywhere 'official'.

That was Quantic? Websites sellnig it said 'a couple of producers', if Quantic was one of them, I'd imagine Mr Scruff was the other. Any one know for sure?

The Tru-Thoughts website mentions a QSO cover of Mr Scruff's "Get A Move On" that has been preformed at live shows seeing some kind of release. Sounds promising...

That cover is on the new QSO album and sounds like

this

( i was kinda disappointed)