Hendrix Heads: Favourite Posthumous Release?

2»

Comments

• This has a track called "The Stars That Play With Laughing Sams Dice" which is insane. I don't think its on any other comps either.

And that cover!!! A rare opportunity to see Hendrix on a day when his process took a recess...

• and this one:

There a version of bleeding heart on that, that is truly amazing. That might be my favorite Hendrix livetrack ever.

Yeah, that's the one I was talking about. There's another one that looks almost identical called "More Experience" with some more tracks from the same show.

SO noone heard of the bootleg?

- J

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

There's a "I DONT LIVE TODAY" live in San Diego on this cd. I havent seen any other comps w/ San Diego gigs. Is there a complete S-Diego "bootleg"?
    Most of this cd is Winterland.

• There's a "I DONT LIVE TODAY" live in San Diego on this cd. I havent seen any other comps w/ San Diego gigs. Is there a complete S-Diego "bootleg"?

If I recall correctly some of the "Hendrix in the West" mentioned above is taken from San Diego, including a killer Red House, if you're not sick of it, as well as a live Little Wing which is always worth it.

There's a "I DONT LIVE TODAY" live in San Diego on this cd. I havent seen any other comps w/ San Diego gigs. Is there a complete S-Diego "bootleg"?

If I recall correctly some of the "Hendrix in the West" mentioned above is taken from San Diego, including a killer Red House, if you're not sick of it, as well as a live Little Wing which is always worth it.

I dont think I ever heard of a weak version of RED HOUSE live.

• i used to have a bottleg tape of a show at Tivoli Gardens that was insane.

Also, The Radio One session, becasue its right at the time Axis Bold as Love came out and he plays lots of songs from it.

And of course the two "Rainbow Bridge" and "New Rising Sun"

• If I recall correctly some of the "Hendrix in the West" mentioned above is taken from San Diego, including a killer Red House, if you're not sick of it, as well as a live Little Wing which is always worth it.

I dont think I ever heard of a weak version of RED HOUSE live.

Fair enough.

But I do happen to be particularly fond of this version. In particular it's got one (actually probably several) of those moments that certain songs have that just get you everytime. In this case it's like a few strikes on a lower note and then a muted arpeggio and then it steps back down. It sounds like somebody stuttering and then spitting something out.

I'm also partial to the Red House on Live at Winterland.

I'm also partial to the Red House on Live at Winterland.

KOSIGN!!!