so its 24hr drinking in england today

sconesscones 434 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
places can serve 24/7/365 now if they wish, including alcohol stores etc..

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    so are there going to be more or less drunks on the street getting into trouble from now on?

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    so are there going to be more or less drunks on the street getting into trouble from now on?

Same amount as always, but it'll be staggered violence over a period of 6-8 hours instead of mad carnage for 1.

• sconesscones 434 Posts

Same amount as always, but it'll be staggered violence over a period of 6-8 hours instead of mad carnage for 1.

maybe after a while but first chance i get im gonna get wankered..

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    The new drinking hours means places can stay open, but for most places that translates into a couple of hours extra in the evening, so closing at 1am or 2am instead of 11pm. Bars will also have to pay for extra security if they want a later licence so most bars and pubs will stay the same as they are now. Question is whether the British tradition of trying to get as pissed as possible in as short a time as possible will give way to less frantic drinking habits.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    there are a lot of newsagents that open v. late and they can now still supply alcohol, until they shut which is normally around 4 or so.. v good

• My bet is that it'll be chaos to begin with... people will just be out going

and getting totally fucked out of it. Actually, this current culture might never fully adjust to the change.

I have a feeling that the future generations of drinkers though will show a positive reaction to it and we'll get less larger lout malarkey going on.

I mean, look at the countries who have had the 24 hour thing in place for a while.. has it improved things in those places ?

But in the meantime there are going to be a lot of 'big ass drinker dudes' who will completely feck theyselves up through not knowing when to stop.. that'll be interesting,

But the main immediate impact (for places that have actually been granted a license) will be that you won't get a sudden riot at 2:00am every friday and saturday night.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    So, you can still be in public drinking? On the Tube, etc??

Crazy... I use to hate when I lived there being stuck somewhere at 11 and all the pubs being closed.

Football hooliganism to an all new level!!!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Main draw for me will be not having to pay stupid amounts of money to keep on drinking past midnight plus the added bonus of not having to buy alcohol pre-pub for the inevitable "all back to mine" at the end of the night.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Nah, one of the deals of later licensing is that alcohol is banned on all public transport, in London at least. You can still drink in public though. I reckon about 1 in 5 people I see on the street round my way has a can of strong lager in their hand.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    Nah, one of the deals of later licensing is that alcohol is banned on all public transport, in London at least. You can still drink in public though. I reckon about 1 in 5 people I see on the street round my way has a can of strong lager in their hand.

can you really not drink on public transport anymore in london? i cant see them enforcing that at all.. drinking on the tube is