dipset is the new wutang?

2»

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Is Roc-a-fella continuing to exist now without Dame?

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    I heard Cam'ron left Roc-A-Fella. Does anyone have any information?

he signed on with Dash's new label

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Sure--it's an imprint of Def Jam.

In the current issue of XXL, Dame is running his mouth about how Jay offered him the name in exchange for the masters/rights to Reasonable Doubt. Sounded reasonable to me, but Dame was insisting that it was foul.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

I heard Cam went to Warner. Damon Dash Music Group is an imprint of Def Jam.

Ah, I found a link:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1500933/20050428/cam_ron.jhtml

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

sorry my bad, i was resorting to old rumors

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Sure--it's an imprint of Def Jam.

In the current issue of XXL, Dame is running his mouth about how Jay offered him the name in exchange for the masters/rights to Reasonable Doubt. Sounded reasonable to me, but Dame was insisting that it was foul.

Well, Reasonable Doubt is far more of a guaranteed cash cow then, um... Samantha Ronson

But yeah, it was silly for him to give up Roc, there's no way DDMG will ever have that kind of marketability/clout

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I understand the principle behind keeping the reasonable doubt masters. Jay aquired the rest of his during the deal with def jam. if he gets reasonable doubt it will take away dame and biggs claim on his legacy. personally I think it was a foul move on jay's part. But hey, thats buisiness, right guys?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    and anyway, jay's president of def jam, whos pres of the rocafella imprint? Young Chris?

I dont buy the whole dame dash is an asshole thing either. the one time I did meet him he seemed pretty agreeable. And i do believe he fights for his artists.

that samantha ronson move though....dude was smoking the roc!

Well, Reasonable Doubt is far more of a guaranteed cash cow then, um... Samantha

Not the catalog, the name.

Reasonable Doubt went platinum once and that took about five years... it's a steady catalog seller but will never be a cash cow. Roc-a-Fella's a very established brand, and the Roc imprint alone can increase sales of future releases. Sounds like more than a fair trade (from Dame's end) to me. I think dude wants something for nothing and is just mad that Jay outmaneuvered him. It is, as Dame loves to say, a business, and that's how sh!t goes.

I understand the principle behind keeping the reasonable doubt masters. Jay aquired the rest of his during the deal with def jam. if he gets reasonable doubt it will take away dame and biggs claim on his legacy. personally I think it was a foul move on jay's part. But hey, thats buisiness, right guys?

Dame ain't make Reasonable Doubt.

Dame ain't gonna be remembered as the greatest rapper ever (yeah, I said it).

Reasonable Doubt is Jay's legacy; the label is where Dame's legacy lies.

Sounds to me like Jay came to him with a reasonable proposal, Dame got his feelings hurt, then started running his mouth in magazines.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Dame S>ain't/S> did not make Reasonable Doubt.

Dame S>ain't gonna/S> will not be remembered as the greatest rapper ever (yeah, I said it).

Dame S>ain't gonna/S> will not be remembered as the greatest rapper ever (yeah, I said it).

I take umbrage at this post edit.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

i take umbrage in having to look the word "umbrage" up...

... and i still don't think i'm using it correctly.

Do you take personal umbrage, though?

From www.m-w.com:

A feeling of pique or resentment at some often fancied slight or insult, eg, took umbrage at the speaker's remarks

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

From www.m-w.com:

A feeling of pique or resentment at some often fancied slight or insult, ie, took umbrage at the speaker's remarks

yeah but can you take umberage at your own actions?

by the way i feel like faux and cos are sitting in the same room posting on different laptops.

A feeling of pique or resentment at some often fancied slight or insult, ie, took umbrage at the speaker's remarks

yeah but can you take umberage at your own actions?

You weren't taking umbrage at your own actions; you were taking umbrage with faux's usage of umbrage, which resulted in your consultation with the dictionary

by the way i feel like faux and cos are sitting in the same room posting on different laptops.

I think we're both just having a slow Monday at work.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dude has to be out of his god damn mind if he passed up the rocafella name for the reasonable doubt masters. does jay own the masters and rights to the rest of his albums?

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    The jamaican joint off of one of the mixtapes with the 1 bar herbie loop on some 'gangsta, gangsta' shit, stuff is just intuitively dope.
    link to audio anyone?

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    The jamaican joint off of one of the mixtapes with the 1 bar herbie loop on some 'gangsta, gangsta' shit, stuff is just intuitively dope.
    link to audio anyone?

here.

'i'm cock-a-doodle, young chaka zulu'

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Dame ain't gonna be remembered as the greatest rapper ever (yeah, I said it).

Jay-Z? The greatest rapper ever? Greater than Mike Jones??? You buggin', son.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    hey, thanks for posting it. I know it may be mad obvious but I'm not gettin it, what is that loop from?