Canada doesn't care about 50 Cent

2»

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    obviously not allowing 50 cent to come in right now to stop violence is not a very intelligent decision, but i think it would have to do more with an empathic decision...well maybe not that, but there's a word i'm looking for that ain't registering right now.

its phucking sad that these young kids are dying and more sad that a kid would be sniped outside a church. i dont think fans of 50 cent are going to be deprived that he doesnt set foot here at the immediate moment (aww those poor 17 year old girls) and its not like millions of other artists havent been rejected at our borders (i missed out on nas once) but this is one time i think it would be in good taste not to have him do a show...simply because of what his IMAGE represents. you could have practically any other commercial rapper come here right now and i dont think it would be much of an issue of him performing, but 50 cent would be more identifyable with clueless people, so while i might not agree with this, i can understand it.

People dont know what the phuck is going on right now, community leaders are trying to figure out what to do, i got no answer, but i ain't gonna cry injustice cause 50 cent doesnt do a show at this immediate moment in time.

i know what you are saying - but they are different issues and not letting 50 come over here and play a show because this city can't get its shit straight when it comes to young men shooting each other will set a very dangerous precedent.

mcteague is an asshole for doing this because it takes the attention away from the real root of the problem and folks will waste their energy on keeping some cartoon rapper from getting on stage.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    DOR - I want an animated gif that says "LICKY BOOM BOOM DOWN"

A possibility...

But THIS is much better IMO

That page is fantastic! Anything that makes fun of Snow and communes simultaneously is absolutely top-drawer. It's nice to have a laugh.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    and its not like millions of other artists havent been rejected at our borders (i missed out on nas once)
    Has the Wu ever had a successfull Canadian show where all touring members made it across the boarder?

and its not like millions of other artists havent been rejected at our borders (i missed out on nas once)
    Has the Wu ever had a successfull Canadian show where all touring members made it across the boarder?

yes - about 8 or 9 yrs ago - they played in scarborough. gravediggaz all made it over the border too.

• Man, right now getting into Canada seems like walking into McDonalds compared to crossing boarders to the States. It is a real nightmare for any touring musician. To get a work permit for Canada is like $230 per band, one for the states is about $2500 per person. It is crazy. Should the guilds should be able to put enough pressure on the boardercross to make card carrying members across?

• People dont know what the phuck is going on right now, community leaders are trying to figure out what to do, i got no answer, but i ain't gonna cry injustice cause 50 cent doesnt do a show at this immediate moment in time.

dayyyum I had no idea Toronto was so wild right now. Shit sucks.

• Options

A possibility...

Eminem may not want to face it, but he owes a lot to me. And Vanilla Ice. We are truly the Satchel Paige and Josh Gibson to his Jackie Robinson. Except we're all white. [/b]

A paragraph that the phrase "what the fuck" was invented for...

WHOA!
    haha.

R*b,

Honestly , i've met dude on many occasion and he's kind of an ass. I was tempted to Johnnyphrase him down. Whitey Don on the other hand should have gotten the (limited) fame Snow received - he's much more talented and way more dude (though he did try and tief a record off me...and was promptly wrist slapped for said manouver).

K.

Whitey Don on the other hand should have gotten the (limited) fame Snow received - he's much more talented and way more dude.

co-sign.

(though he did try and tief a record off me...and was promptly wrist slapped for said manouver).

hilarious.

• Options

yes - about 8 or 9 yrs ago - they played in scarborough. gravediggaz all made it over the border too.

Haaaaaaaa! Where, on Kennedy? Live from Scarborough Village Public school ? that shit is hilarious.

Haaaa, k.

• Scarborough Village Public!
    Word to Warden posse '87 & all Area 6 Rudies!

Haaaaaaaa! Where, on Kennedy? Live from Scarborough Village Public school ? that shit is hilarious.

Haaaa, k.

no farther out than that - don't even know the name of the place...

the gravediggaz was amazing. they would not get off the stage, they kept letting folks on the mic and when the audience seemed to lose interest, they would get back on. people started to leave and we were looking at each other like "when will this end? will it end?"

• Options
    You know that old church house next to Scarborough Village was my fam's place, eh?

Markahm and Eglinton since gravel streets, yo - K.

• Options
    Scarborough Village Public!
    Word to Warden posse '87 & all Area 6 Rudies!

You know any of the Acoholic Rats? That was my cousin's scooter gang - they hung with area 6 on the regular.

My first introduction to reggae no less (when I was 13).

K.

• Hey Kev... honestly back then I was just trying to avoid getting rolled by all those older kids on scooters... I was more into skateboarding then... right before I got into music.... but all them scooterdoods liked to roll for skateboards and sell them for scooter parts! Tell your cousin he owes me on some karma shit and needs to hook up this lambretta for a dood!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

A possibility...

Eminem may not want to face it, but he owes a lot to me. And Vanilla Ice. We are truly the Satchel Paige and Josh Gibson to his Jackie Robinson. Except we're all white. [/b]

WHOA!
    haha.

R*b,

Honestly , i've met dude on many occasion and he's kind of an ass. I was tempted to Johnnyphrase him down. Whitey Don on the other hand should have gotten the (limited) fame Snow received - he's much more talented and way more dude (though he did try and tief a record off me...and was promptly wrist slapped for said manouver).

K.

What was that Whitey Don 12"??? The white vinyl one? Didn't it have someone from Tribe on it? Damn, my memory sux

• Options

A possibility...

WHOA!

haha.

R*b,

K.

What was that Whitey Don 12"??? The white vinyl one? Didn't it have someone from Tribe on it? Damn, my memory sux

Artical (Phife). Whitey did some dope stuff with KRS One back int he day that was never released.

K.