refunds (ebay related)

the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
i asked last week about refunds on mis-discribed records last weekwell i waited a week and a half to get a response from the seller with no reply, so i used the paypal complaint thing, now that i ve done that the seller sent me an email telling me he had a sore throat (you type with you throat?) and will pay me back but because the record is so much money he wants me to send it to him firstthen he'll send his moneyshould i just wait and go through the paypal complaint process, tell him no i want my moneys, or send it to him

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    i asked last week about refunds on mis-discribed records last week

well i waited a week and a half to get a response from the seller with no reply, so i used the paypal complaint thing, now that i ve done that the seller sent me an email telling me he had a sore throat (you type with you throat?) and will pay me back but because the record is so much money he wants me to send it to him first
    then he'll send his money

should i just wait and go through the paypal complaint process, tell him no i want my moneys, or send it to him

As a seller, I always make sure the record is back in hand before I issue a refund. It's just too risky otherwise. So, my advice would be to use his feedback as a gauge of his reliability, and then just trust your instincts. Send the record back if you think he's legit, or tell him you don't feel comfortable sending the record back without remuneration first. You may also be able to put a hold on your Paypal payment, until he comes through, but I've never done it before.