How Many Of Y'all Know Your Family History?

2»

Comments

• My dad is from and lives in Mexico. Don't know too much. I've seen a picture of my grandfather with Zapata. The men in my family are all musicians. My last name is Portuguese.

My moms mom & dad came over from from italy. Don't know much there either. They were from Milan.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    My people are from Poland and Romania. Most were killed by the Nazis. No one is quite certain how rooted we are in Eastern Europe; there's a strong suspicion that my maternal family left Spain during the Jewish expulsion. Regardless, anything beyond three generations back is murky territory.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

Herm

i heart you dude... and as a tribute to my hearting you ill sing you a song...

...mexican to mexican...

i wanna be zinged by you just you and nobody else but you...
    i wanna be zinged by you... just you...

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Mom's side of the family:
    Her father is from Northern Italy, Mont Pagano region I believe. My grandfather's father came to the USA to find work, and then he was going to bring the rest of the family to the States. He was stalling once he got here, so my great grandmother came up with the cash to bring the family over and tracked him down. My grandfather was 13 when his family arrived in the 1930s. He tried to enlist in WW2, but the govt. wanted him to pay for a surgery before they would take him. He never had nothing, so he couldn't afford it, and consequently didn't go. He drove a cab in Philly for 30 years.

My grandmother's family is from Sicily, and her parents made the trip to the States before she was born. They met and married in Philly, and lived in the same row home in West Philly until the 1980s.

My mother knows some of her Italian cousins, but I gotta do some more homework.

Dad's side of the family:
    He's never been too forthcoming in information. Definitely a mix of English and German, maybe some Irish.

In other words, I'm a mutt.
    Good topic, by the way.