Portable Collectors- Panasonic Funnygraph?

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Any of y'all dudes who collect portable record players have the Panasonic Funnygraph from, I assume, the early 70's? They came out as a part of Panasonic's "Crazy Color Portables" line, which featured oddly shaped and colorfully painted radios, tape players and record players. I couldn't find a pic online, but if need be I'll scan a photo and post it sometime soon, maybe tomorrow. I'm just curious about how good these things are... they look dope, sorta like space age waffle irons.

Comments

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    something similar to this? (ive only seen philips models like this, no panasonic)..

regardless of how they sound, i want one.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    I think Al Garth has one in his bathroom... Or somthing like it at least... Big Up Soulman..... (Echo....)

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I think Al Garth has one in his bathroom... Or somthing like it at least... Big Up Soulman..... (Echo....)

give up Mango, just give up

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Here ya go... after examining this pic it looks like it's more of a toy than a serious record player (but as we long time Fisher Price portable owners know that's not neccessarily such a bad thing... I still miss my lost white and red FP). I think this is just a "close-n-play"... I don't think you can pick up the needle to scan from song to song, which makes this kinda useless for checking out lp's in the field. Still, it looks pretty fonky.

BTW, if anybody cares to see any of the other Panasonic Crazy Color portable radios and tape players let me know and I'll scan the pic of those that I have too.