Transplants "What I Can't Describe" WTF?????

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Has anyone else heard this? It's a guy from Rancid and the Blink 182 drummer. I hate to say it but it didn't sound too bad the first time I heard it on the radio. The thing is I thought it had to be the new Gorillaz or something. It sounds like an old soul sample and then the Rancid guys raps. Pretty crazy. THe LP isn't out yet so I'm not sure on the details. Would like to know if this has some samples in it.

Comments

• Seeing it involves those dudes..I can only hope you are wrong and it does in fact suck.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Seeing it involves those dudes..I can only hope you are wrong and it does in fact suck.

Believe me I so wanted it to be the new Gorillaz. My friend and I both liked it and now we're worried about our state of mind. We're hoping a few more listens will allow us to say it sucks. In our defence we had been moving furnature and record boxes for 8 hours straight when it came on the radio. Only time will tell.

• Seeing it involves those dudes..I can only hope you are wrong and it does in fact suck.

Believe me I so wanted it to be the new Gorillaz. My friend and I both liked it and now we're worried about our state of mind. We're hoping a few more listens will allow us to say it sucks. In our defence we had been moving furnature and record boxes for 8 hours straight when it came on the radio. Only time will tell.

hopefully its just exhaustion..

have a mp3?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    isn't this shit like 3 years old? I remember seeing them on the cover of the free weekly paper at least that far back...in fact I remember the single, hearing it a couple of times, it had a piano loop and sounded like Gorillaz

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    My friend and I both liked it and now we're worried about our state of mind.

Calling Dan Savage.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    isn't this shit like 3 years old? I remember seeing them on the cover of the free weekly paper at least that far back...in fact I remember the single, hearing it a couple of times, it had a piano loop and sounded like Gorillaz

No, it's the brand new single off the LP that won't come out for a month. So i can't find any sound clips. I think the radio stations are the only ones that have it now. I've only heard it once, so we'll see how I react next time. Plus, I only heard about 1 min of it. It was enough to make me wonder? Plus, I think it was more of a "what the hack is this on the 'rock' station" not a "pull over I have to shit blood!!!"