Plaese To Explain Rob Base Sample Choice?

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Flipping through stacks today, and came across this record. Exploito disco type record, has intro to Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock "It Takes Two". I'm baffled cuz dudes missed the DOPE[/b] drum braek after the intro keyboard cheese. I always thought they played that on a keyboard (Rob Base &EZ Rock), but I guess I was wrong! Check out clip below:http://thewaxcrusade.com/robbase.wavAnyone think of someone sampling the filler instead of the killer on a song or album? Speak on it1T.N.

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yeah, "Space Dust" has a fonky break on it!!! I sampled it back during my early production, UB&B era.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    The whole album it is from is fuckin' noice exploito. I'm pleasantly surprised.

"Galactic Force Band"

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hmmmmmm, I'll have to put that one on my list. Sounds interesting...

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Buncha drum braeks + excellent fender rhodes Theme from 2001 tune on there too.

Yep, so the tune on the slut breaks is only the tip of the iceberg, huh? The "Space Dust" song is kind of weird and not too enjoyable. Is the rest of the LP better than that song?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Essentially a discofied themes lp(Close Encounters, Star Trek, Star Wars, formulaic lineup of many exploito late 70s disco LPs). I think it's worth a buck or two at least for Space Dust+ Theme to 2001 (2001 is really nice, as good as Deodato action).

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Essentially a discofied themes lp(Close Encounters, Star Trek, Star Wars, formulaic lineup of many exploito late 70s disco LPs). I think it's worth a buck or two at least for Space Dust+ Theme to 2001 (2001 is really nice, as good as Deodato action).

Expect to pay more than a buck or two from a place that knows what it is. It's not like a Joni Mitchell LP, maybe not super rare, but you don't see it everyday either.

Springboard? Exploito LP for more than $1? Seems odd, it isn't Joni, but it isn't Slaughter's Big Ripoff or Rinder & Lewis either... No secrets no more...I got mine for $1, never seen it before, yet didn't expect it to be going for "loot"

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    pretty well known with the bboy crowd no?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I always wondered where that came from. I always figured it came from some bullshit 80s song.

Jpeg plaese?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Mylatency????

• yeah, i have seeneth the bboys get down to it actually. but i always thought it was the song that dice-raw made using that sample.