so my girl is going to Brazil...

RiceAndKaleRiceAndKale 20 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
and she's bringing me back some records. I only have a small list of records for her to look for so far:Azymuth - Azymuth (atlantic, 1977) the one w/the bird on the frontCesar Mariano & CIA - Sao Paulo Brazil ('77) I heard some good stuff about this oneEmilio Santiago - s/t (CID, 1978) w/BananieraGal Costa - India (Philips 1973) there's a track on there I liked a lot, forget the name of it..and maybe like one or two other records..My Mind Is Hazy (c)Chocolate Milk.

Comments

• and she's bringing me back some records. I only have a small list of records for her to look for so far:

Azymuth - Azymuth (atlantic, 1977) the one w/the bird on the front
    Cesar Mariano & CIA - Sao Paulo Brazil ('77) I heard some good stuff about this one
    Emilio Santiago - s/t (CID, 1978) w/Bananiera
    Gal Costa - India (Philips 1973) there's a track on there I liked a lot, forget the name of it.. All of them[/b]

and maybe like one or two other records..

My Mind Is Hazy (c)Chocolate Milk.

So, are you asking for some more recommendations?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I'd be more worried about how many dudes she's doin' the puto bongo with!!!!!!!!!!! Plus, is she really going to spend her whole vacation trying to track down stuff for you? It's not like she can walk into one store and just get all that stuff.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    shit is kinda picked down there it seems - it's like people coming to Detroit expecting to find a pile of 'Saturday Night Special's...

I was in Brazil a few years back & it was obvious that folks from Europe & Japan( there's a big population of Japanese ancestry there) had been blazing through there record-wise for a long long time.

Anyway: check for early(69/70) Milton Nascimento records on Odeon etc, Som Tres, Quarteto Novo, Mutantes etc.

---

• and she's bringing me back some records. I only have a small list of records for her to look for so far:

Cesar Mariano & CIA - Sao Paulo Brazil ('77) I heard some good stuff about this one
    Gal Costa - India (Philips 1973) there's a track on there I liked a lot, forget the name of it.. All of them[/b]

So, are you asking for some more recommendations?

If anyone's willing to recommend, sure.

• I'd be more worried about how many dudes she's doin' the puto bongo with!!!!!!!!!!! Plus, is she really going to spend her whole vacation trying to track down stuff for you? It's not like she can walk into one store and just get all that stuff.

Dude....... thats rough. thats the worst fear of every dude, that there girl is going to meet some Brazilian homie that is gonna pull some shit. and don't give me that... you gots to be secure in your relationship bullshit... if I was down their I would be looking for records and modeling bitches... good luck homie.. I hope she at least pulls some records for you.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I'd be more worried about how many dudes she's doin' the puto bongo with!!!!!!!!!!! Plus, is she really going to spend her whole vacation trying to track down stuff for you? It's not like she can walk into one store and just get all that stuff.

Dude....... thats rough. thats the worst fear of every dude, that there girl is going to meet some Brazilian homie that is gonna pull some shit. and don't give me that... you gots to be secure in your relationship bullshit... if I was down their I would be looking for records and modeling bitches... good luck homie.. I hope she at least pulls some records for you.

I know I kinda felt bad after I posted that. I was just thinking of an old comedy routine. I think it might have been Eddie Murphy????? When he's talking about if you get caught cheating and think your forgiven just wait until she goes on vacation. "Naw, baby just me and the girls need to get away and have a little time to ourselves." Then then get down there with all these tan MFr's with speedos and the baby's arm hanging out the side!!!!

Seriously though, your girl is not going to find you any records in Brazil.

1. Plenty of serious collectors/dealers fly themsleves down their and clean out all the places any tourist would find plus the hard to find places as well.

2. If my girl gave me a list of her hobby shit to find while I was in Brazil I'd be like "sure" and then come back with a big lie about how I tried and couldn't find anything. I'm mean what do you expect. Someone asks you to get stuff on vacation and you stumble on to it sure, but your not going waste good time on it. And you can't blame someone for spending a trip to Brazil on the beach and in the jungle. Even I wouldn't give a fuck about records if I was there.

No hate, just the truth.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Plenty of serious collectors/dealers fly themsleves down their and clean out all the places any tourist would find plus the hard to find places as well.

Unfortunately, this is the very truth. Nowadays I only find common records, i.e., records issued after 1975. When I find good and rare records sellers ask the "ebay price". There aren??t good & cheap records, anymore.
    Anyway, good luck.

Peace

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    and she's bringing me back some records. I only have a small list of records for her to look for so far:

Gal Costa - India (Philips 1973) there's a track on there I liked a lot, forget the name of it..

RiceAndKale

What city/cities your girlfriend is going to visit here in Brazil?

Peace

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    post 75 is so good why complain.