TROPICAL FUNK in TORONTO: TURNING POINT 12.03.2005

roneazyroneazy 111 Posts
edited November 2005 in Announcements
Hey there everyone.. Just a reminder that another TURNING POINT [/b] is happening.. as usual feat. the world-famous selector, A MAN CALLED WARWICK [/b] with special guest, SENIOR VISHAL [/b], another heavy collector of all things funky and tropical who has just returned from a trip to Africa and India so it will be extra memorable since he'll be 'unveiling' many new and unique discoveries from places not far off the equator.. music certainly never heard before in North America.. TURNING POINT happens at the GLADSTONE HOTEL (1214 QUEEN STREET WEST, TORONTO) [/b] which is at QUEEN / GLADSTONE (1 block EAST of DUFFERIN - Streetcar stops RIGHT in front) . For those of you who don't know, the GLADSTONE has recently undergone a big $$$ renovation and it's actually become quite an exquisite little boutique hotel in what's become quite a trendy area... it's well-known ballroom, decorated special for the evening, is a very unique space that perfectly suits the tropical music sounds on the HUGE turning point sound system... definitely an experience if you still haven't been yet!From what i've heard, quite a few people are coming in from far, far out of town to make this event, so you should too! Hope to see you there!Check out www.ducktape.ca for more information!

Comments

• Options
    Count me in +6 (Guiness).

K.

• +6 (Guiness)? does that mean you are coming along with 6 guinesses?

RON

• Options
    Yep and drinking 6 more there You sound suprised?

K.

• Lets hope the music makes the crowd feel like they're in the tropics.

Damb it's cold

• Yep and drinking 6 more there You sound suprised?

K.

In this context, only surprised that you're sticking with '6'.. might I say, you have quite the healthy appetite for "the sauce", if you don't mind me saying so!

Ok back to infinite anonymity and the cold.. u think Toronto is cold? I'm in Ottawa right now............ this cold is truly !

RON

• Options
    I doubt Dan in Fredericton is sympathetic.

In reference to the sauce, I'm a growing boy.

K.