Motherfucker stole my records friday night!!!

2»

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Damn, dude, that's like one of my worst nightmares.

I am on strict paranoid mode when the 45 box is out. Can't truss it.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Good you got your records back. I would've cracked his skull.

- spidey

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    frank,

right thing to do or not, i would have crushed that little shithead. infact if i'm in dc and you point him out to me, i will bumrush him on principal. did you take his picture?

tom

• amazing you got them all back...seriously...I've only heard of shit getting stolen...and never coming back...the record gods were smiling on you!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    frank,

right thing to do or not, i would have crushed that little shithead. infact if i'm in dc and you point him out to me, i will bumrush him on principal. did you take his picture?

tom

you now. that's the main thing I regret. i should have flashed him and made flyers.

We're talking about a 19 year old 140 lb kid.

I'm not dying to get these records back. I got the rare shit back. So I'm happy, but for the record...

I can't remember all that are still missing. About 30+ titles. Here???s a list of some of the others that I???m sure are still missing:

12??? Singles

Eminem???8 mile song
    Eric B and Rakim???Paid in Full 45rpm UK press (picture sleeve)
    Missy Elliott???Work It (doubles)
    Beastie Boys???Shake Your Rump (picture sleeve)
    Beastie Boys???She???s Crafty
    Grandmaster Flash???White Lines (sugar hill)
    Danny Krivit???Moody re-edit

LPs

James Brown???In the Jungle Groove (2LP)
    Stiff Records Compilation (2lp)
    Hugo Strasser???Tanzen Hits 72 (crazy instr. of ???Paranoid???)
    Punk/New Wave Comp? forgot the title

• why in the world did dude come back into the store?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

LPs

that really sucks. fuck that dude.

why in the world did dude come back into the store?

I don't know. I try to get into the minds of lying cheating dumbass thieves and it just confuses me.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    why in the world did dude come back into the store?

I don't know. I try to get into the minds of lying cheating dumbass thieves and it just confuses me.

He must have left his name with the clerk. Maybe his credit card info. Something material in case you want to file a report (though you probably won't bother).

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

LPs

that really sucks. fuck that dude.

It sucks, but at least that piece can be easily re-couped (and for less than $15-20). I'll see if I have an extra.

• Yeah, unfortunately beating some shithead for a crate of records really isn't worth it in the long run... although it could be satisfying.

Is this another argument in favor of mp3 DJs?

It always sucks to feel like someone fucked you, but you semi had the last laugh. Most people don't get that.

• You got fuckin lucky as hell on this one. What a moron though to try and sell back to stores. He should've at least waited a while like a month or more and gave small chunks at a time. I'm assuming he didn't think of ebay at all. That could've gone so many routes that your luck is amazing and your reaction time was dead on.

• What a moron though to try and sell back to stores.

Welcome to the world of people who steal shit.

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

• Punk/New Wave Comp? forgot the title

"We Do Em Our Way" ?

What a moron though to try and sell back to stores.

Welcome to the world of people who steal shit.

seriously....most criminal activity is not conducted by thorough, meticulous, 'jewelry-store-heist'-type pros. Crime of opportunity, and these dudes aren't about sitting around waiting for a 'safe' window to get their cash on. This guy played the odds and lost, but is still lucky cuz he still has his teeth.

Sad part is that he most likely has not learned any lessons, and will do more stupid shit in the future and will end up with his grill busted open, jail, or worse.

• maybe I am missing something, but did Cap City Records buy back your stolen records from the thief? Or did they call him out? How did they get them?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I had a fairly large Cinco de Mayo party at my house several years ago, where I went all out: Filled several large coolers full of premium beers, offered lots of snacks, held a chili competition and had one of my friends on margarita detail all night long. I sent out invitiations and also passed out a few flyers to friends of friends and sexy ladies. I set up a DJ booth outside as well as in the basement and DJed here and there during the night with a handful of my close friends. One of those DJs brought his little brother who brought several of his buddies. The party eventually got raided by the cops due to the noise. A lot of people still stuck around for a few hours, including the little brother's crew. I eventually gave the dudes a bottle of tequila just to take a hike. Turns out my friend's crate of records was stolen. Nothing too expensive, but some hip-hop and some house that he had collected over the past five years or so. A few months later we find out that his little brother's classless friend was the dude who stole the crate, the same piece of shit I gave a bottle of tequila. I was away at the time, but my friends went to his house with baseball bats at 3 a.m., roughed him up and got the records back.

I think the same adage from "Pulp Fiction" applies here: Never fuck with a man's vehicle (or music collection). Too much time and money is involved with each and there is no excuse for messing with that. I admire your restraint, and also your wherewithall to do a little detective work. I am surprised the thief was stupid enough to try to flip the collection on the very next day. I guess you got a little lucky in that respect.

• Is this another argument in favor of mp3 DJs?

perhaps he's a rep for dildo?

guerilla marketing batches!

• maybe I am missing something, but did Cap City Records buy back your stolen records from the thief? Or did they call him out? How did they get them?

Seems to me that this was the case:

Fr**k had just left Cap City when Steph called him to let him know that the perp dropped off the records for her to go through and decide what she wanted. I'm guessing the perp left to go do something else while she picked through the wax. Then she called Fr**k, he arrived, and the dude came back to get his money.

maybe I am missing something, but did Cap City Records buy back your stolen records from the thief? Or did they call him out? How did they get them?

Fr**k had just left Cap City when Steph called him to let him know that the perp dropped off the records for her to go through and decide what she wanted. I'm guessing the perp left to go do something else while she picked through the wax. Then she called Fr**k, he arrived, and the dude came back to get his money.

Fatback can correct me if I got any of this mixed up, but it sounds like Steph 'knew' the dude as a regular(but not as a thief), and called dude out, told him "these are not your records"-kinda thing. He proceeded to spin a few tall ones(bought them last month from some guy) before trying to pass off the 'my girl found them on the Metro last night' story. From what Fatback told me, it sounds like dude just left outta frustration cuz Steph wasn't buying it. Why he came back is anyone's guess. It should indicate the thief's stature and lack of any game whatsoever that no one saw fit to fear his reaction in the least.

Fatback can correct me if I got any of this mixed up, but it sounds like Steph 'knew' the dude as a regular(but not as a thief), and called dude out, told him "these are not your records"-kinda thing. He proceeded to spin a few tall ones(bought them last month from some guy) before trying to pass off the 'my girl found them on the Metro last night' story. From what Fatback told me, it sounds like dude just left outta frustration cuz Steph wasn't buying it. Why he came back is anyone's guess. It should indicate the thief's stature and lack of any game whatsoever that no one saw fit to fear his reaction in the least.

I had ruled out "being called out then returning" since it sounded rediculous. Guess the guy is just that mentally challenged.

Stealing a DJ's crate and trying to sell that crate to a shop, the very next day, that is just a few blocks from where you stole them has to be the most dumbassest shit ever.

I'm really lucky such a fucking dipshit took my records. Look at what he kept too!What fucking a tool. I mean some of those private disco 12s are heaters that yield 0 on a web search. I could have the only copies for all I know.

They'll never leave my house again.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

I'm really lucky such a fucking dipshit took my records. Look at what he kept too!What fucking a tool. I mean some of those private disco 12s are heaters that yield 0 on a web search[/b]. I could have the only copies for all I know.
    Maybe that contributed to his willingness to sell them

Glad to hear you got your records back. Was kind of depressed reading the intial parts of your email. Record, burn to CD, and never bring those 12s out of the crib again.

• Fatback can correct me if I got any of this mixed up, but it sounds like Steph 'knew' the dude as a regular(but not as a thief), and called dude out, told him "these are not your records"-kinda thing. He proceeded to spin a few tall ones(bought them last month from some guy) before trying to pass off the 'my girl found them on the Metro last night' story. From what Fatback told me, it sounds like dude just left outta frustration cuz Steph wasn't buying it. Why he came back is anyone's guess. It should indicate the thief's stature and lack of any game whatsoever that no one saw fit to fear his reaction in the least.

That pretty much sums up the situation. Unfortunatly I do know the kid... but not as a regular customer. He's one of the many people that come in just to hang out. I've known for a while now that he's a complete liar, but never thought him to be a thief. We have a handful of troubled teens that hang out in the store. I let them because I feel it's better to have them in here than on the street.

As to why he came back.. When Fatback said there were records missing we called him to ask if he had them, but he never answered the phone. Instead a few minutes after we called he came back into the store. And then, the conversation Fatback previously mentioned happend. More lies were said and in the end he left to go home and check to see if "his wife" put the records somewhere.

The worst part about it is I automatically felt bad for Fatback having his records stolen.. then to find out it was by someone I knew! That just made it worse. Luckily we were able to get most of them back. Hopefully we can get the rest.

Stephanie

That pretty much sums up the situation. Unfortunatly I do know the kid... but not as a regular customer. He's one of the many people that come in just to hang out. I've known for a while now that he's a complete liar, but never thought him to be a thief. We have a handful of troubled teens that hang out in the store. I let them because I feel it's better to have them in here than on the street.

As to why he came back.. When Fatback said there were records missing we called him to ask if he had them, but he never answered the phone. Instead a few minutes after we called he came back into the store. And then, the conversation Fatback previously mentioned happend. More lies were said and in the end he left to go home and check to see if "his wife" put the records somewhere.

The worst part about it is I automatically felt bad for Fatback having his records stolen.. then to find out it was by someone I knew! That just made it worse. Luckily we were able to get most of them back. Hopefully we can get the rest.

Stephanie

You shouldn't feel bad for a secend Steph. I owe you bigtime! For my records, of course. And your peaceful, reasonable disposition inspired me to take the high road...and kept me from having an assault charge--or worse.

Thank you.

• I'm waiting on something like this to happen to me. Steal my shit then come up here to the store and try and sell them to me...I'll knock a fucker out!
    That's why we keep a bat behind the counter.

• You shouldn't feel bad for a secend Steph. I owe you bigtime! For my records, of course. And your peaceful, reasonable disposition inspired me to take the high road...and kept me from having an assault charge--or worse.

Francis had to rape him to "teach him a lesson."

"You pay for the records one way or another, young buck!"