saw guru last night.,.

sconesscones 434 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
suprise late addition to this jungle rave around these ways, guru did a show with doo-wop and solar (sp?).. in between 3 hours of tearing dnb with more to go, hiphop never works..guru was good though, you know my steez, militia, royalty.. his new album is proper doo-doo thoughhe did give a speech about phonies in hiphop.. he mentioned young guru from rocafella and said if he sees him he's gonna smack the shit out of him for using his name

Comments

• he mentioned young guru from rocafella and said if he sees him he's gonna smack the shit out of him for using his name

guru is a bitter old drunk

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    he mentioned young guru from rocafella and said if he sees him he's gonna smack the shit out of him for using his name

wow, guru is playing jungle raves and dissing recording engineers. Its so pathetic I cant even shit on him, id just feel bad.

• Yeah, saw him up here earlier this year, show was weak, don't think he really cuts it as a solo artist.
    Shame as Gangstarr are one of my favourite groups...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    he mentioned young guru from rocafella and said if he sees him he's gonna smack the shit out of him for using his name

That's some funny shit.

Did he make this declaration in another country, btw?

• Guru vs. Young Guru is the most pathetic beef of all time. I think I've read interviews with Young Guru where he's sort of perplexed by it. Definitely . Guru needs to put the mic down.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Guru needs to put the mic down.

• sconesscones 434 Posts

That's some funny shit.

Did he make this declaration in another country, btw?

yes
    in the b town!!

bristol, uk

• It's even funnier because there was another Guru in the mid-80's, wasn't there? So Gangstarr Guru can't even claim to be the OG Guru.

• It's even funnier because there was another Guru in the mid-80's, wasn't there? So Gangstarr Guru can't even claim to be the OG Guru.
    O.G. (Original Guru)

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    word i doubt guru would smack the shit out of nanak

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    anyone ever peep Guru on the wake up show video? He came off like a complete hack.

• guru is starting to look like Ricky Henderson.

• It's mostly the voice.

• Anyone remember an article in an old issue of Life Sucks Die w/ some dude that had interned or something at D&D(maybe?) and said Guru was a big asshole?

• suprise late addition to this jungle rave around these ways, guru did a show with doo-wop and solar (sp?).. in between 3 hours of tearing dnb with more to go, hiphop never works..

guru was good though, you know my steez, militia, royalty.. his new album is proper doo-doo though

he did give a speech about phonies in hiphop.. he mentioned young guru from rocafella and said if he sees him he's gonna smack the shit out of him for using his name

Saw him on friday in Belgium. Funny how he said the exact same thing (about the ass-whoopin')over here. Enjoyed the show though since all the gangstarr classics passed the revue, but this solar guy didn't really have to be on stage IMO. The production for this this new album was a bit lame indeed (except for one track). One of these new tracks apparently uses 'daydream' by bernard wystraete of one of the dusty fingers comps, but in a really 'obvious' way. Major dissapointment when even guru (or this producer)starts using these pitched up voices in tracks. Find this practice very irritating (seldomly done well and not original to say the least)..

• chasechase 767 Posts
    guru was always kinda IMO