San Fran heads..

Ayrotollah77Ayrotollah77 415 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
i'm coming out next week and i was wondering if anyone knew of any funky functions or spots to check out good music.also i know its taboo but any one point me towards some decent record spots?Appreciate the consideration..peace-Aroe Dynamik

Comments

• no, no records in san francisco.

kidding. try amoeba, groove merchant for record shopping. maybe milk bar for a night out. have a good trip, but please don't call it "san fran."

• no, no records in san francisco.

kidding. try amoeba, groove merchant for record shopping. maybe milk bar for a night out. have a good trip, but please don't call it "san fran."
    Haha.. damn what do u call that city??don't y'all get upset about "Frisco" too??

• The City, S.F., Frisco, Tha 'Sco.. anything but San Fran.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

San Fran head

i'm coming out next week

• The City, S.F., Frisco, Tha 'Sco.. anything but San Fran.
    Duely noted..thanks

• San Fran head

i'm coming out next week

oh shit!!!hahahaaaa..ayyyooooo!!!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    The City, S.F., Frisco, Tha 'Sco.. anything but San Fran.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

Tha Sco?? either.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Haha, T*m I probably bug the shit out of you when I call it Frisco, but I be a native son! I dunno, it sounds right up in rap songs, but then again maybe not. I'm not mad at the sco. But yeah, "san fran" is not what's really.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Haha, T*m I probably bug the shit out of you when I call it Frisco, but I be a native son! I dunno, it sounds right up in rap songs, but then again maybe not. I'm not mad at the sco. But yeah, "san fran" is not what's really.

As long as you do it ironically, I don't mind.

Sticking to the style guide, for me it's strictly The City when speaking to Bay Areans and San Francisco to those without. Then again, I'm rarely constrained to meter by busting mad rhymes, so I have little excuse for taking poetic license with my home town's nomenclature.

PS--I didn't know you were a native son, I'd tell you where I went to high school but then I'd lose all semblance of street cred. I did go to the same middle school as OJ Simpson, though.

• Hangin' out in Frisco, drinkin' up my Sisco, eatin up crackers.... like Nabisco, or Stoned Wheat.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    strictly The Fog[/b] City
    , except not this week, how ridiculous has this weather been?

I did go to the same middle school as OJ Simpson, though.
    Yes yes, I grew up about five minutes from that school.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

frisco is okay but its wack... shits been said FOREVER.

tha sco? what the fuck does that mean!??! like friSCO? what faggot started saying that? thats retarded... get that shit the fuck out of here.

the city, sf, san francisco... thats really about all it should be called. saying san fran is just being lazy.

at this point i have no idea what this thread is about... pain meds like a motherfucker right NOW! talk about a bad few days...

• strictly The Fog[/b] City

I just moved to SF hoping for overcast foggy weather all the time. I love that type of weather. It's been great though. Cool and breezy but still sunny. I love this city!

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

frisco is okay but its wack... shits been said FOREVER.

tha sco? what the fuck does that mean!??! like friSCO? what faggot started saying that? thats retarded... get that shit the fuck out of here.

the city, sf, san francisco... thats really about all it should be called. saying san fran is just being lazy.

at this point i have no idea what this thread is about... pain meds like a motherfucker right NOW! talk about a bad few days...

Frisco=Wack

Tha Sco=Triple Wack

San Fran=Doug Lazy

The City=Aiight

Just pt in a little effort to say the entire name, San Francisco to avoid out of towner comments and screw faces.

strictly The Fog[/b] City

I just moved to SF hoping for overcast foggy weather all the time. I love that type of weather. It's been great though. Cool and breezy but still sunny. I love this city!

my house early in the morning was like this. all the cars were wet from the fog. the richmond district is where you should be then. hella fog...

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    If you really want Fog all day everyday move to Pacifica. You'll love it.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    pain meds like a motherfucker right NOW! talk about a bad few days...
    I got a bad back! Hook a brother up!

• Nobody except people from the Bay Area call San Francisco "the city". It's one of the smallest major metro areas in the country.

"Yo where in cali did you go?"

"the city"

"oh LA?"

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Nobody except people from the Bay Area call San Francisco "the city". It's one of the smallest major metro areas in the country.

"the city"

"oh LA?"

Kinda true, I had a hard time callin it that after living in Newark, NJ...after that, NY has always been THE city...no hate on SF though...god bless it...

• 5 weather zones in the city...bring a jacket....(foggy in Jinx's hood...sunny in mine....and the crack is much stronger in my hood...haha)...

• I'd tell you where I went to high school but then I'd lose all semblance of street cred.

me and Morse thankfully don't have this problem.

and yo I will call it San Fran sometimes. I have never heard anyone say the 'Sco. as for "the City" I'd say you get away with that as far South as San Jose and as far North as the Oregon border.

I'd tell you where I went to high school but then I'd lose all semblance of street cred.

probably because none of you ever had any street cred to begin with...

• hi bay area friends!

i still call it going into town. then again, i used to call fresno going into town. i guess sometimes i say SF or across the bridge and sometimes frisco.

anyways, i heard theres some sort of "superhyphy tour" and its going to fresno. i bet the farm someone gets shot.

• Nobody except people from the Bay Area call San Francisco "the city". It's one of the smallest major metro areas in the country.

"the city"

"oh LA?"

Jonny, their definition of the Bay Area might be a little suspect, but this entry off Wikipedia is claiming the Bay Area is the 5th largest Metropolitan area in the country:

The San Francisco Bay Area, referred to locally as The Bay Area, is the conurbation that surrounds San Francisco Bay in northern California. Home to more than 7 million people, the metropolitan area is composed of cities, towns, villages, military bases, airports, and regional, state, and national parks sprawled over nine counties, connected by a massive network of roads, highways, rail, and commuter rail.

Because San Francisco was the largest city in the region (it was surpassed by San Jose in the 1990 census) and remains the traditional and cultural center, the region is often identified by outsiders with the city of San Francisco proper. However, San Francisco has only 11% of the Bay Area's population. The Bay Area also differs from most other metropolitan areas in that, instead of having a single urban center surrounded by dependent suburbs, its population is distributed across several regional urban and surburban centers. Realizing the independent and relatively 'Balkanized' nature of the region, it is referred to as the "Bay Area" instead by its residents. Ultimately, the city of San Francisco with Oakland and San Jose comprises the fifth largest metropolitan area in the United States, after New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago and Washington, D.C.-Baltimore.

• I meant San Francisco as a city, which is still under 1,000,000 I think?

• I'd tell you where I went to high school but then I'd lose all semblance of street cred.

hmmmmm that would depend on your defnition of "probably" i guess...

I'd tell you where I went to high school but then I'd lose all semblance of street cred.

hmmmmm that would depend on your defnition of "probably" i guess...

i was just kidding.. i dont know you or your street cred rep but if you have one thats nice! i also dont know if nat or tom have street cred but they might and its darn nice if they have it too... good job fellas!

and yeah the bay is the 5th largest. used to be ny, la, chicago, sf, philly? st louis? or something like that. now sf slipped. too many people leave the bay and especially sf. i think were around 700,000 people give or take 60,000.

• Bay Area is the fifth largest U.S. Metropolitan Area and San Francisco is the 13th largest U.S. city.

"the city"

"oh LA?"

I think people that live around major cities always refer to their city as "the city". It just makes sense.