Your 3 fave James Brown tracks.

2»

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Blind Man Can See < funkiest song ever. i always play air drums to it when in my car

Absolutely. My other two favorites are really just James Brown related:

Fred Wesley - Blow Your Head
    Sweet Charles - Yes It's You (This one might be stretching it a bit, but it's so damn good!)

• OK, I'll play.

1. It's A New Day
    2. I Got The Feelin'
    3. There Was A Time

honorable mention: Popcorn With A Feeling

• I Can't Stand Myself (When You Touch Me)
    It's A Man's World
    Cold Sweat

This is about where I'm at too...the first track being probably my all time fave.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    3. that's a tough number

1. get on the good foot
    2. there was a time / i can't stand myself (I'm making this count as one. deal with it) - this is the best 2-sider 45 in the world.
    and of course, considering the current state I'm in:
    3. give it up or turn it a loose (jungle groove version)

favorite JBs songs:

king heroin
    thank you
    the grunt
    bonus: jbs monourail

favorite JB related:
    bobby byrd - if you don't work...
    message from the soul sisters
    think (about it)

trying to name 3 really really makes you realize just how many dope JB related tunes there are. I can shoot off dozens of titles that are just as good as what I listed.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    How much did james have to do with Leon Austin's "Steal Away", cause that there is the SHEEEIIIIIIT!

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Doin?? it to Death
    Soul Power (both live and studio versions)
    Muhammad Ali/People??s Choice - Rope a Dope

- J

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    How much did james have to do with Leon Austin's "Steal Away", cause that there is the SHEEEIIIIIIT!

Lee/Leon Austin - recorded under both names. From Fred Wesley's biography, it apepars that Austin was an ex-con hired by Brown to be his "muscle" on tour. He recorded about 4-6 45s for Brown.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

Lee/Leon Austin - recorded under both names. From Fred Wesley's biography, it apepars that Austin was an ex-con hired by Brown to be his "muscle" on tour. He recorded about 4-6 45s for Brown.

That's the kind of detailed response you can count on the strut for. Thanks for enlightening me mowtizzle.

• BLUES-N-PANTS
    MIND POWER
    MOTHER POPCORN

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

That's the kind of detailed response you can count on the strut for. Thanks for enlightening me mowtizzle.

No prob. Now if I could only type right in these responses (apepars????) everything would be OK.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    yo vinylrichie...are you the vancouver vinyl richie

Nawh dude... Los Angeles transplant from Philly

• choosing is kinda rough but:

Mother Popcorn
    Hot Pants
    Give It Up Or Turnit A Loose

are all killers.

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    yo vinylrichie...are you the vancouver vinyl richie

Nawh dude... Los Angeles transplant from Philly

Ouch..... come on dude.. I know I saw you at Que records the other day.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    popcorn with a feeling
    the chicken
    that one where he talks about stuff over it and makes a lot of sense for james even though i need a coffee i dont even know who i am, why i am posting here or where my coffee is. where is my fucking coffeee????!?!?
    oh... and living in america

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
    Off the top of my head

Since You Been Gone - (Motherlode) HEAVY ass drums

It's A New Day (let a man come in and do the popcorn) - Feelgood dancefloor killer

I Got The Feeling - I don' think there are many other songs that are funky in the same way this is funky, it's a complicated groove that even JB didn't duplicate again.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    There Was A Time
    Sex Machine
    Shhhhhhhh (For a Little While)