Planning a house party - the hell you need? (NRR)

2»

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    O-Dubble,

Congratulations (former) playboy!!!! As many others have said, you need more beverages, homeslice. Make sure you bring about 3-4 cases of Guinness just in case I crash your party (just kidding!). I can't guzzle as much as I used to. I wish you, the misses, and the little one well. Marriage is a wonderful institution. Welcome to our exclusive club!!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    yo o, you must have erased the party address by accident on the flier
    what gives?

• * BEV-MO
    (Beverages & More)

* Costco
    (can do you some good too on the drinks & especially the snacks)

Beautful lil one by the way, mad cute.
    Congratulations & Good luck.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Is Thes-One and Jean Grane invited?

• We're not asking for gifts

Congrats man. Only, for the love of the institution, please rethink this no gift policy. As far as drinks, my one recommedation is to buy a case of Prosecco. It's cheaper than champagne, but equally festive. You can get good Prossecco for $10 a bottle (Riondo Prosecco is like $9 and that's one I'll vouch for). Since it's lunch/brunch time, you may not have people hitting the hard liquor quite as much. Whatever you have I'm sure will be chill.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Oliver,
    Congratulations!

If you haven't already, I'd put a few calls into those people who you know got kitchen skills. Aunt Linda's tamales. Uncle Bruno's chili. Grandpa Wang's eggrolls. Hit the people you love with a request for their dishes that you love. For most, it's a pleasure to cook something they know other people enjoy, especially on such a grand occasion.

Have fun, smile with teeth, don't lock your knees, and squeeze Ella for us.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Congrats O-Dulu!!

BYOB is the best, but you dont have to say it like that, because that can be tacky. Just be like "bring a 6-pack of your favorite beer, or a bottle of your favorite alcohol!", then everybody winds up bringing a grip of achohol, and you are stocked for months (or weeks, or days). And even though you dont drink, I do, and you never know when I might be in the bay. So, there you go.

And I swear, you have the cutest kid ever! Just be sure to keep her "ear to tha streetz" in case she follows in her daddy's footsteps.... hahaha

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    It's not that kind of party. But if I plan one of those in the future....

Then I would invite the lady who spoke on The Way To Become The Sensuous Woman[/b] album on Atlantic. She's much older now, but still speaks in the same manner. She could say something like DJ's...lick the crack.

That woman is a woman, a sensuous woman.... a woman who loves and loves to be loved........

She's so cool she's just goes by the name 'J'. And she likes bathtubs filled with jello.

She'll also bring her own grapes too if she's invited.