More Underappreciated Albums

2»

Comments

• -"Regatta de Blanc"-The Police.

-"Round 2"-The Stylistics.

The Police were one of the biggest sellers of the early 80's and found their audience fairly early. And Round Two is acknowledged as THE Stylistics album to get...not trying to start any shit, but how are those underappreciated? Both albums seem to get plenty love (although the Stylistics LP is semi-rare).

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Shalamar - Three For Love ("Make That Move" is boogie fiyah)

This might be for young cats, but errebody in my gen had this LP. Shalamar was a big group. That's why Jody Whatley was able to blow up in the 80's. And dont get me started on Howard Hewitt.

This question iz really broad. I think the public underappriciates this lp.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    If you're into 80s pop/New wave at all, you must, I repeat MUST, get "This is the Ice age" by Martha and the Muffins. Why weren't they huge?
    Attached files

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

-"Regatta de Blanc"-The Police.

-"Round 2"-The Stylistics.

The Police were one of the biggest sellers of the early 80's and found their audience fairly early. And Round Two is acknowledged as THE Stylistics album to get...not trying to start any shit, but how are those underappreciated? Both albums seem to get plenty love (although the Stylistics LP is semi-rare).

Hey Pickwick,

Perhaps, I was thinking that these albums don't get love on the 'Strut, since I've never seen anyone mention them when talking about good albums. Then again, they're probably not exotic enough to warrant mention here.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Shalamar - Three For Love ("Make That Move" is boogie fiyah)

This might be for young cats, but errebody in my gen had this LP. Shalamar was a big group. That's why Jody Whatley was able to blow up in the 80's. And dont get me started on Howard Hewitt.

Similar to Big Stacks' selections, I was thinking more along the lines of LPs that, possibly due to lack of Raerity, don't seem to get mentioned much here on SoulStrut.

SG

• If you're into 80s pop/New wave at all, you must, I repeat MUST, get "This is the Ice age" by Martha and the Muffins. Why weren't they huge?

I havent re-listened to this LP in a couple years. But, ive owned it for several, and have tried and tried to feel it, but always found it boring, like it was missing something or just ill conceived or something. I'll have to dig, but this is definatley making me wanna give it a listen.

• If you're into 80s pop/New wave at all, you must, I repeat MUST, get "This is the Ice age" by Martha and the Muffins. Why weren't they huge?

Because they were horrible.

Because they were horrible.

Yea, co-sign massive. Just dug it out and i was right years ago. It fucking sucks.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I've spoken on it before and turned on as well as both Drews

Della Resse[/b] "Let Me In Your Life" (LMI)

Co-sign. Right Now (Avco Embassy 1970) is also worth it for her version of Leftover Wine, among other tracks. Couple of shockers lurking on there too.

• sunburn
    Attached files

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Jay Dee - Come On In Love. Barry White production with more than a few moments of Together Brothersness, same year of release. Can't find a cover pic - surely a sign of underappreciation.