YouSendIt Painfully Slow? (Record Day-Related)

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I've been trying to upload a mix (a record day freebie) to YouSendIt all morning and it's just sitting there. Anyone have a good alternative for a fairly large file (97 megs) or does it always take forever?I figure this is a good thread to start, since lots of us will be uploading/sending files today (at least I hope so).

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    97 megs would take a while. how long did you wait?

• I don't know...it's been about 90 minutes or so?

that's a long time.

I had to start one over this morning cause it got hung up like that. If it was not free, I'd be mad.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    97 megs will take awhile (Depending on your upload speed). Just because you dl fast, dun mean ur upload is going to be quick too...

Sometimes on large up's, it's good to put an email address in... Cause if ur upload fails, half the time it still uploaded and you will get emailed a link.

I wish they still had that upload status window they used for a few days. Let me know what was going on all the time.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    how do you use this stuff? like... say i learned how to record vinyl and want to post something for all yall... what do i do?

im technologically stupid as fuck...

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Anyone have a good alternative for a fairly large file (97 megs) or does it always take forever?

http://italselection.com/

• But I can't access my FTP from work.

PS Hi!

how do you use this stuff? like... say i learned how to record vinyl and want to post something for all yall... what do i do?

download zipit, compress the folder of MP3's, email it to yerself on yousendit, copy the link in the eamil they send you, post the link.

• megaupload.com
    I have the feeling this is even slower though

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

download zipit, compress the folder of MP3's, email it to yerself on yousendit, copy the link in the eamil they send you, post the link.

uhhh... did you read the "tech..." part?

i have no idea what you just wrote...

here:

i recorded a song and saved it. its 29mb and is an aiff. now what do i do... if someone would rather help me on the PM thats fine as well... i know this must be irritating to you dudes.

• how do you use this stuff? like... say i learned how to record vinyl and want to post something for all yall... what do i do?

uhhh... did you read the "tech..." part?

i have no idea what you just wrote...

here:

i recorded a song and saved it. its 29mb and is an aiff. now what do i do... if someone would rather help me on the PM thats fine as well... i know this must be irritating to you dudes.
    check your PMs, dude