The Headhunters (Record Day Related)

RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Man I like the "Survival Of The Fittest" lp... "If You've Got It, You'll Get It" is crazy to me, that horn sounding thing is wild, these dudes are so over talented with there instrumental knowledge its ridiculous... of course Mr. Clark kills it on the drums... anyway, for the last couple days, I've been going through the crates and peeping things that have been collecting dust and this one kept me coming back in the middle of the night when the fam is sleep I dip to the record room and throw the phones on and escape to somewhere else...

happy record day

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    happy record (confession) day - I still don't have that record.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    happy record (confession) day - I still don't have that record.

Dont make me send it to you kid!... maybe a good one for the real headz section...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yeah man, I don't know why I don't have a copy. I've seen it and been like "ahh i'll find it cheaper" then never do.

OY VEY!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Fuck a raer, that record is about as good as it gets. I'll keep an eye out for a copy for you man.

• Since it's record day and all that, if youse guys wants I can rip and upload the Headhunters album to the Real Headz area. I assume we're talking about their first album with "God Make Me Funky", right? If so that's the one I have...remastered French CD, no less. Mike Clark is just one of the sickest drummers ever.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• Man I like the "Survival Of The Fittest" lp...

I assume we're talking about their first album

first album with "God Make Me Funky"

Yeah, umm, when you're posting you can't go back and read the entire thread, just the post you're replying to. I didn't remember exactly what the first post said so tough shit. I'll bend over and you can kindly kiss my ample backside.

I guess this is what I get for trying to be nice so fuck it, I won't be nice. No shit in Real Headz.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Man I like the "Survival Of The Fittest" lp...

I assume we're talking about their first album

first album with "God Make Me Funky"

Yeah, umm, when you're posting you can't go back and read the entire thread, just the post you're replying to. I didn't remember exactly what the first post said so tough shit. I'll bend over and you can kindly kiss my ample backside.

I guess this is what I get for trying to be nice so fuck it, I won't be nice. No shit in Real Headz.

Hey, I have this one though.

No shit in Real Headz.

Damn, I didn't mean to get everyone punished. How about if I just promise that I won't download it?

I'll bend over and you can kindly kiss my ample backside.

Uh, no thanks.

I edited my post so I wouldn't be so obnoxious, okey?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    cool it now

cool it now

• GENIOUS FUNKY FUSION MUSIC

• Fuck a raer, that record is about as good as it gets.

It's definately up there. On the rare occassions I partake in some greenery I go straight for that album.

• I can rip and upload the Headhunters album to the Real Headz area.[/b]

maybe a good one for the real headz section[/b]

Yo, what's the deal? Am I missing something?

Yeah, yeah... I know...

But seriously, is this some elitist music monopoly you guys are running?

• ...HH-relatedly, I've never heard Jackson's Black Octopus LP outside of the Tiptoe Through the Ghetto track...thoughts? ten-word review?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I can rip and upload the Headhunters album to the Real Headz area.[/b]

maybe a good one for the real headz section[/b]

Yo, what's the deal? Am I missing something?

Yeah, yeah... I know...

But seriously, is this some elitist music monopoly you guys are running?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    ...HH-relatedly, I've never heard Jackson's Black Octopus LP outside of the Tiptoe Through the Ghetto track...thoughts? ten-word review?

Top quality album you need to pick up right now.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    ...HH-relatedly, I've never heard Jackson's Black Octopus LP outside of the Tiptoe Through the Ghetto track...thoughts? ten-word review?

I don't know...the Headhunters album is far superior to Black Octopus, which is a two-tracker IMO.

• ...HH-relatedly, I've never heard Jackson's Black Octopus LP outside of the Tiptoe Through the Ghetto track...thoughts? ten-word review?

I don't know...the Headhunters album is far superior to Black Octopus, which is a two-tracker IMO.

i didnt like any of it

• dayday 9,611 Posts

i didnt like any of it

Me niether. I think that record gets way overhyphy'd.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

i didnt like any of it

Me niether. I think that record gets way overhyphy'd.

Each to their own. I personally love it but know other people who really can't get into it.

Best enjoyed if not compared with the Headhunters work IMO.