RCI/CBC JAZZ LP’s

2»

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

I just want to know about an existing record.

existing record? fleetwood mac's tusk...

as good as any RCI/CBC jazz LP. what about the 45s y'all?

sorry, but i side with KL on this one (not that i even know what platter he's talking about).

sip

There's a Nick Ayoub and Gery Hoelke 45. What else is good?

Why be so secretive?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    truth. ive never known Natebizzo to be secretive about anything, he just came and dropped all these titles on us. holding back titles is just kind of childish, especially if you already have it

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    truth. ive never known Natebizzo to be secretive about anything, he just came and dropped all these titles on us. holding back titles is just kind of childish, especially if you already have it

can i see your want list?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    you could if i had one

can i see your want list?

I've seen it before. What he didn't have in girth he made up for in content.

• Options
    Who's got the Coke recipe?

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

I've seen it before. What he didn't have in length he made up for in width.

naughty

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I have a couple RCI's for trade if y'all are interested

Sadik Hakim plays Duke Ellington-RCI 379

Fred Stone-RCI 377

PM a bra if ya wanna get at 'em

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts

Why be so secretive?

no secrets nate. if you ever find yourself in vancouver, shout at dude. i'd be more than happy to let you take a boo through my records...

it's still all about tusk...

smoke on this world of beats classic...

SM: On your site, in the "record nerd" section you questioned what was up with people fiendin??? for these wack Canadian records. My sentiments exactly! I???d take that a step further and ask what???s up with people fiendin??? for these wack Italian records, UK records, Swedish records, etc. They???re not all wack, of course, but a lot of em ain???t as hot as their $75- $150 pricetags. What do you think is the reason for people seeking this stuff?
    J1: I think people are sweating the foriegn records because they don't have them and they most likely haven't heard them. It seems like they are after the records for bragging rights or some shit, because Frank Motley and some of those other Canadian records are pure shit.

• Why? Aren't we here to lurk ?

• If anybody has lee gagnon - "je jazze" (NOT "jazzzzzzzzz") I'm looking for a copy...

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Looks like the market is starting to catch on.

This is a great LP BTW.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4721947225&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

When's my copy going to show up?

• Options
    It's not going to - now.

K.

• It's not going to - now.

Ahh that's a little dramatic, yes? Dan - I snagged a mint copy of said LP a month ago for less than half that. So they're record-du-jour for a few months, whatever, things will calm down. I've filled out the bulk of my canandian jazz for under 30 bucks, a few even in dollar bins.

It's not going to - now.

K.

C'mon dude. Lighten up, eh?

• Options
    It was simply a joke. Sorry if I hurded anytwody's fweeelings.

K.

It was simply a joke. Sorry if I hurded anytwody's fweeelings.

K.

Tabernak!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I have a Roger Simard on the "Jazz Canadiana" division of CBC Radio International that is nice, some funky moments, overall great musicianship.

I had the Pacific Salt on the same label but traded it.

Does anyone know the going rate for the "London Experimental Jazz Quartet" - Invisible Roots LP on SCRATCH Records? Its a group from London, Ontario, the leader of the group is Eric Stach, who's LP is in the this post (fruits from a garden or somethin like that).

I'm not worried about these albums turning up just because someone sold on on Ebay, they'll show up if you want to find them (or if they want to find you).

holla

I have a Roger Simard on the "Jazz Canadiana" division of CBC Radio International that is nice, some funky moments, overall great musicianship.

I had the Pacific Salt on the same label but traded it.

Does anyone know the going rate for the "London Experimental Jazz Quartet" - Invisible Roots LP on SCRATCH Records? Its a group from London, Ontario, the leader of the group is Eric Stach, who's LP is in the this post (fruits from a garden or somethin like that).

I'm not worried about these albums turning up just because someone sold on on Ebay, they'll show up if you want to find them (or if they want to find you).

holla

There is actually another Roger Simard LP that has an insane breakbeat track, I've never seen it available anywhere except my house. The track is called "P.S. Special."

It starts off like bwatombwatom bmda da da da dada etc...

• The LEJQ is quality and rarely turns up. Poos on eric stach's RCI work from a great height, but is mostly free-ish jazz (with 2 notable exceptions) and I can't imagine it's of interest to most douds here.