• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    what's good?

The weed

• what's good?

everything

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    what's good?

everything
    Except for the throngs of pretentious people.

• Options
    Hit up Sipreano...and the bong.

K.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    if you have some time on your hands, either head down here to seattle, or take a ferry to the gulf islands (salt spring, galliano, etc). and if you need any of that other thing, my cousin has a decent farm in tsawwassen...

• so what is the deal w/ herb in Vancouver? Is it a coffe shop sittuation like Amsterdamn or do you still have to cop on the low?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    so what is the deal w/ herb in Vancouver? Is it a coffe shop sittuation like Amsterdamn or do you still have to cop on the low?
    You have to cop on the low but there is a coffee shop where weed smoking is legal. enter order a cofee blaze it up.

Yo man the city is beautiful however hit up the ferry to tufino and while out on natural beauty. Sea, jurassic park forest, crazy mountains, stars all in one. spliffed out sessions at their best. skiing is also the shit.

Iwent to BC for free when returning from china and extending my flight. Best road trip ever have a great trip.

Mad hikes too go to whistler and check them hikes up.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    not much more than the weed, the smack, the stripjoints and the (other) view from what i hear. if you are driving - don't. or park in the suburbs. everyone i know and everyone they know has had their car broken into in Vancouver. every film crew i've sent there has had the van busted into as well. apparently there's a flourishing miniDV cassette market there.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    not much more than the weed, the smack, the stripjoints and the (other) view from what i hear. if you are driving - don't. or park in the suburbs. everyone i know and everyone they know has had their car broken into in Vancouver. every film crew i've sent there has had the van busted into as well. apparently there's a flourishing miniDV cassette market there.
    Cambie street ghettoness...

• i was there about a year and half ago, found a few good records, but i can't really remember the names of the stores. there were a couple on the one side of downtown, like the side toward that big park. I think the one store was called 'Beat Street', and the other store was around the corner and across the street from it.
    i know some cats on this board can get into some more specifics for ya...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    missbassie, sounds like you've got a little eastcoast/westcoast syndrome!?
    no, don't leave your salt 45's on the passenger seat, but you should be fine. cannabis cafe is still up and running i think... you will NEVER have trouble locating the green. i promise.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    some highlights from my trip in 2004

[o]

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

moi! never!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

kintaro ramen - go for the forest fire ramen, served only on Saturday. As close as you can get to Japan in n. america.

Tojos = this guy is no joke, it ain't cheap but it's totally worth it. Ultra fresh....

the girls are pretty laid back out there too, enjoy.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

no, don't leave your salt 45's on the passenger seat, but you should be fine. cannabis cafe is still up and running i think... you will NEVER have trouble locating the green. i promise.
    Don't know much about Vancouver but from the one time that went there I can tell you that some of the clubs and strip joints are poppin'. Bud was everywhere, also. Take Magic J's advice and head down I-5 to Seattle if you can. Good times. Have fun, Karlito!

• sup?
    van is cooling right now. hit up hastings street between richards and cambie. you got weed spots (for tourists and suburban pranksters), and records at beat street and david jones' vinyl shop. down a block in gastown are some trendy clothing stores. lots of great restaurants all over town. best sushi (for price and freshness): toshi on 16th at main, best bar: irish heather in gastown, best DJ: paul devro, best club: shine in gastown, best view: top of grouse mountain in north vancouver, best .99 cent pizza slice: 4 brothers on commercial drive (italian area with lots of cafes and grocers), best band: black mountain..
    hit me on the PM if you got any questions...
    lates,
    sip

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    http://www.moa.ubc.ca/ the Museum Of Archeology at the University Of British Columbia is off the beaten path. Wonderful NorthWest Coast art. There is no back room, meaning after you see the displays you can wander amongst all the stored artifacts, open drawers and see whats inside. The building itself is an understated masterpiece.

Speaking of buildings, the downtown library is an over the top post modern sight. It is shaped like a nautilus. The space between the floors is exposed so you can see the mechanicals.

I've always found record shopping limited and difficult. In that department Toronto has Vancouver beat. Still can't be worse than Tucson.

Portland is only an hour away (by plane) so come on down.

Dan

• Sweet ya'll! Thanks for all the advice! Me and the wife are gonna be there Dec. 12th - 16th. Sortof a last minute trip we threw together to take advantage of some free Marriott hotel stays (Wifey works for 'em). Sipreano, What's the best dive bar spots w/ like $1 beers and what not? Thanks for the Sushi tip we will def hit that up! Got any other food recomendations, I'm guessing there's lots of good seafood... Dan, thanks for the tip on the museam that's on the list too. I probably won't do that much digging, just hit a few spots we just want to chill, see the city, eat some good food, drink some beers etc. etc. It'll be raining everyday and like low 40's for the highs right?

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    best band: black mountain..

so true.. best band in the whole freaking country if you ask me.. not that there's any real competition.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    It'll be raining everyday and like low 40's for the highs right?

Most likely, but it's like that in July too so don't worry.

Dan