they should make a law for record shows like this

funkyexamplefunkyexample 915 Posts
edited April 2005 in Record Collecting
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050428/D89OCHTG1.htmlHOUSTON (AP) - Those who want to browse books at Houston's public libraries should get enough sleep, eat and bathe before they begin to peruse the shelves.On Wednesday, the City Council passed a series of library regulations that some say are an attempt to discourage homeless people from visiting the public buildings.Library officials said people have been using the libraries as temporary shelters, restaurants and changing stations. The new ordinance prohibits sleeping on tables, eating, using restrooms for bathing and "offensive bodily hygiene that constitutes a nuisance to others."Two council members voted against the ordinance, saying it was a direct attack on the homeless."I understand what they're trying to do, but when you start targeting a community like the homeless, I think that's poor policy," council member Ada Edwards said.Mayor Bill White said there have been several complaints from the public about abuse of the city's libraries.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    haha! right! the sad thing is, I've never seen a homeless dude at a record show!

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050428/D89OCHTG1.html

HOUSTON (AP) - Those who want to browse books at Houston's public libraries should get enough sleep, eat and bathe before they begin to peruse the shelves.

On Wednesday, the City Council passed a series of library regulations that some say are an attempt to discourage homeless people from visiting the public buildings.

Library officials said people have been using the libraries as temporary shelters, restaurants and changing stations. The new ordinance prohibits sleeping on tables, eating, using restrooms for bathing and "offensive bodily hygiene that constitutes a nuisance to others."

Two council members voted against the ordinance, saying it was a direct attack on the homeless.

"I understand what they're trying to do, but when you start targeting a community like the homeless, I think that's poor policy," council member Ada Edwards said.

Mayor Bill White said there have been several complaints from the public about abuse of the city's libraries.

Seattle had similar experiences with this, didn't they?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    One time I had a computer problem & had to go over to my local library to check my email. This guy sits down at the terminal next to me & lawd, he stinks to high heaven. I look over & see that he's def mentally & physically 'challenged'. I'm typing along & I notice that he's checking ebay. A closer look reveals that he's bidding multi-thousands of dollars on anything with 'Laurel & Hardy' in the title, a cold shiver went down my spine...

---

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Um, librabries aren't removing the doors off of their men's room bathroom stalls because of the homeless.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Um, librabries aren't removing the doors off of their men's room bathroom stalls because of the homeless.

YOU MEAN ITS BECAUSE OF THE LIZARDS??!!??

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

YOU MEAN ITS BECAUSE OF THE LIZARDS??!!??

Anal probes anyway.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    the city of berkeley has a law that you cant wear too much perfume in city hall or you will be cited.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    the city of berkeley has a law that you cant wear too much perfume in city hall or you will be cited.

good! it's so gnarly having to inhale that shit. it's just as offensive as ripe BO.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050428/D89OCHTG1.html

HOUSTON (AP) - Those who want to browse books at Houston's public libraries should get enough sleep, eat and bathe before they begin to peruse the shelves.

On Wednesday, the City Council passed a series of library regulations that some say are an attempt to discourage homeless people from visiting the public buildings.

Library officials said people have been using the libraries as temporary shelters, restaurants and changing stations. The new ordinance prohibits sleeping on tables, eating, using restrooms for bathing and "offensive bodily hygiene that constitutes a nuisance to others."

Two council members voted against the ordinance, saying it was a direct attack on the homeless.

"I understand what they're trying to do, but when you start targeting a community like the homeless, I think that's poor policy," council member Ada Edwards said.

Mayor Bill White said there have been several complaints from the public about abuse of the city's libraries.

Thus the city council ends homelessness in Houston.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    During my first year of college I worked in the library, where a homeless eccentric who called himself "Mr. Abelman" was a regular. Abelman wore two pairs of glasses on top of one another but other than that seemed unremarkable. Then one day he was caught with a dixie cup full of urine which he was in the process of pouring down the "out" spout of one of the water fountains.

When you really think about it (and, actually, when you don't), that sh!t is foul because it was clearly premeditated; he had to find a secluded spot to piss in the cup and then carry it out to the area where the fountains were. Sodisgustinrightnow.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    when i worked at a library when i was in high school there was one homeless dude that pretty much came to the library every day and would masturbate in the childrens room and shit his pants everynow and again, but the director could not kick him out cause of the laws, after he would shit himself a secratary would come out of her office and spray lysol all over

last i heard he was selling records on ebay in california

During my first year of college I worked in the library, where a homeless eccentric who called himself "Mr. Abelman" was a regular. Abelman wore two pairs of glasses on top of one another but other than that seemed unremarkable. Then one day he was caught with a dixie cup full of urine which he was in the process of pouring down the "out" spout of one of the water fountains.

When you really think about it (and, actually, when you don't), that sh!t is foul because it was clearly premeditated; he had to find a secluded spot to piss in the cup and then carry it out to the area where the fountains were. Sodisgustinrightnow.

On the opposite end of things - when I worked in a library (how many Strutters have worked in libraries?), there was an older woman who was in three or four times a week and would stay for hours and hours. We never saw her around the neighbourhood to say that she was definitely homeless, but she always had a tonne of stuff with her. Anyway, she wore immaculate white gloves and always carried a box of kleenex with her which she used to wipe everything down. She had gloves on the whole time, but a kleenex was still a barrier to every door handle, shelf and book she touched. Once she had her books (usually history stuff), she would go the the tables, wipe down the chair (back, the top of and under the arm-rests and the seat). She would wipe the table area in front of her and then wiped every inch of the books. She never said anything and never smiled back. We spied on her from behind the shelves.

(how many Strutters have worked in libraries?)

i still do

• (how many Strutters have worked in libraries?)

i still do

You work in a library and you bought a house recently?

Man, maybe I should move outta SF.

i still do

to this day it is still my favourite job. i quit the library job to work at a record store which was fun - but the library was better.

do you work at a community library or a school library or...?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I believe he works at the poptart library.

i worked at a library...mailroom.

i still do

You work in a library and you bought a house recently?

Man, maybe I should move outta SF.

i was gonna but iam not sure how long iam gonna stay at the job i have right now, so i decided to keep renting cause there is gonna be a turn over of my bosses and i wanna see how it turns out before i buy something

i still do

to this day it is still my favourite job. i quit the library job to work at a record store which was fun - but the library was better.

i work at a public library, iam their computer dude and i buy the music and work on the reference desk as well

someone needs to visit a joke library

i still do

i work at a public library, iam their computer dude and i buy the music and work on the reference desk[/b] as well

me too, those things and worked in the kids' section and ran reading groups for 5 and 6 year olds. it was fun.

i work at a public library, iam their computer dude and i buy the music and work on the reference desk[/b] as well

me too, those things and worked in the kids' section and ran reading groups for 5 and 6 year olds. it was fun.

do you have your masters in library science?

the hair on the back of my neck is standing up

explain

explain

library science. i mean, im not trying to knock it, but huh?

no...

explain

library science. i mean, im not trying to knock it, but huh?

in order to be a librarian you need to have a masters, i know that most people have that reaction when hearing about it, and to be honest i didn't learn that much in school most of it i learned on the job, and if you ever wanna see a freak show visit a library school, i work with some good people (for the most part) but some of these people are way out in space, especially the dudes (yes iam included in this), for instance... the one other male librarian i work with is a 60's burn out and is very passive aggessive, hes mad at management so he shits in the urinal

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

someone needs to visit a joke library

ZZZZZZZZZziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiNG

but yo Third Stream! CHILL MANG! All this "canoodling" thats going on between Missbassie and you is making THE_MACK THE_JEALOUS.

but yo Third Stream! CHILL MANG! All this "canoodling" thats going on between Missbassie and you is making THE_MACK THE_JEALOUS.

"Yo stop talking to the_mack's girl, I'll bust up your teeth, my cereal bowl is mad gangsta!"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

"Yo stop talking to the_mack's girl, I'll bust up your teeth, my cereal bowl is mad gangsta!"

Is that Copywrite?