do you judge people by their avatar?

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I just said I didn't like looking at it every day. There's better pics of Biz out there.... like when he's sitting on the toilet.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

I don't know I'm a big fan of Biz Markie so I put a picture of his last record I bought and someone cried about it. Maybe ask the ones who bitched.

Dude, Planet is my man...I bought my first turntable from him...beyond that, everyone needs to chill out here...this post has degenerated into:

I like this person and I don't like this person...and it has something to do with a j-peg...hmmmmm....

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Gruntgravel's avatar always seemed to make me laugh. I liked Planet's old one (Biz), as well. Yes, strutters do need to lighten up a lil' bit.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    this post has degenerated into: I like this person and I don't like this person

a lot of them have been lately - i guess the antagonism is cyclical. we all go stir-crazy cooped up on this board together and begin to lash out. then everyone calms down and talks about alice clark's garter belt and the different shades of green the Mutt label pressed and somesuchthing and then after a while, the cat fights start all over again and so on and so on.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    this post has degenerated into: I like this person and I don't like this person

a lot of them have been lately - i guess the antagonism is cyclical. we all go stir-crazy cooped up on this board together and begin to lash out. then everyone calms down and talks about alice clark's garter belt and the different shades of green the Mutt label pressed and somesuchthing and then after a while, the cat fights start all over again and so on and so on.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Well man if the mods will not delete my Biz avatar I will bring it back. Until then I've lost some respect for whoever folded to the pressure and now I'm not sure if the Biz is welcome.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Well man if the mods will not delete my Biz avatar I will bring it back. Until then I've lost some respect for whoever folded to the pressure and now I'm not sure if the Biz is welcome.
    wait... without having to re-read the entire thread, was that BIZ avatar moderated?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    when i first came here, i think i remember morrocomale for having this green monster that ate some old woman that smiled at it...kind of like a mutant frog creature...and i think djdaze had a wesley willis that i liked cause upside down it was marvin the martian...i could be wrong about which posters the avatars were associated, but i always remember certain images. i liked the thelonious monk one, the lola one, the pre "not a good look" gramelin one, the "ahem" ass that turns around gif, the one with the two boxers hugging, and recently the guy that's about to touch an ass and then reads writing on his hand that prevents him from doing so.

a lot of avatars just get me so curious, sometimes i just ignore reading posts and just read the avatars if they stand out. the thing is a lot of them are distorted cause they're not scaled down to porportion. thats where firefox comes handy, as i just right click on it and choose "view image" and somtimes i laugh my head off when i realize what it is.

• GAME FUCKING OVER!!!!

I love owls as much as i hate durian

when i first came here, i think i remember morrocomale for having this green monster that ate some old woman that smiled at it

you mean this? yeah, i found that shit and gave it to him for xmas.

and recently the guy that's about to touch an ass and then reads writing on his hand that prevents him from doing so.
    i had to show this to my roommate and girlfriend last night... they thought i was retarded.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Yes my Biz Avatar was moderated.

your biz album cover avatar was moderated?! who did it?

that's so weak. that shit must have reallllly bothered someone.

• I don't think anyone's avatar should be moderated, especially one of the Biz, just because a couple of dudes with a bunch of posts have got pussys.

• Yes my Biz Avatar was moderated.

I think the term you want is "moder-hated."

Now, what's the story on your new avatar?

i'm offended by that jacket... and the guy drinking water in the background.
    -what's funny is someone cared about a biz album cover (?!)... a guy who's basically the patron saint of SS (aside from leo sayer), and no one was bothered by gay batman and robin watercolors.

i'm offended by that jacket... and the guy drinking water in the background.

-what's funny is someone cared about a biz album cover (?!)... a guy who's basically the patron saint of SS (aside from leo sayer), and no one was bothered by gay batman and robin watercolors. [/b]
    what are you referring to?

• -what's funny is someone RAJ[/b] cared about a biz album cover (?!)... a guy who's basically the patron saint of SS (aside from leo sayer), and no one was bothered by gay batman and robin watercolors.

Quick, take it all back!

Soma45 gets "The Avatar of the Month" award

• HAAAA!!! I see you Photobucket'd that one! Too funny. I still gotta do that myself, damn....

HAAAA!!! I see you Photobucket'd that one! Too funny. I still gotta do that myself, damn....
    yes sir! that one's definitely going in the collection, right next to....

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    I had the same avatar as I do now a while back and someone pm'd me complain that they were offended, so I gladly changed it. Then I thought about it, got bitter, jadded, pissed. And said f'it, and the reason dude didn't like wasn't even valid, the girl in the image isn't necessarily asain. I don't find it offensive one bit. Soooo, IT'S BACK!

• That Biz cover annoyed me looking at it everyday but never to say shit. I remember one of Morocco Mole's avatars used to bug the shit outta me too. Still I had nothing against the people over a fuckin avatar.

• I remember getting dissed cuz I didn't have an avatar!!!!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Can I plaese give Jinx an avatar?

• I hope people do.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

The new one, well I took that pic a few months Back in SF during a Giant Panda, PUTS, Crown City Rockers show. It was inside some loft apartment in SF so instead of my controversial Biz Markie avatar I picked this one. Who knows, Maybe this one will get deleted too.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    can someone explain the controversial biz image? i missed it i think.