2»

Comments

• 183 versions of 'Get Out of My Life Woman'? Come on now. But you know what? There is a chance....

In all seriousness, there probably is a chance. I probably have somewhere around that many my damn self. I've never counted, though. But believe me, I have a lot. That song was done by so many artists from so many different genres of music from so many different countries that it's not even funny.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    whether or not the interviewer was solid/credible, as soon as you start trying to contradict the BIZ, you get egg on your face.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

I did not say the German interviewer was stupid. I said he was crazy and asked a lot of stupid questions. I am sure he is a very nice guy and was knowledgeable about his Hip-Hop history. Please do not take this as some type of attack on German writers or German people. The guy just asked A LOT of strange questions. Did you see the whole interview? The interview is not posted on the website. First off, Biz was told to be at the Red Bull academy at 3:00PM to be a member of a panel discussion. We got there at 3:00 and sat around till about 3:45 when the interviewer came up and told Biz we will start the interview at 4:00PM. Biz never agreed to a one on one interview, he thought it was going to be a panel discussion. It looked like the Red Bull people put him on the spot and the line of questioning was set up to get him upset on camera while they filmed the whole thing. Biz refused to sign a contract that stated Red Bull could use the interview footage. The guy asked Biz a lot of questions that were very odd. At one point the interviewer asked for a bucket of honey so that he could cover Biz with honey and make the interview easier. Maybe covering a person with honey is a commonly used expression in German, but in English it was VERY strange and Biz was not feelin' it. The interviewer said "Heterosexual people in America have no fun." The interviewer made a few other similar comments and Biz was clearly uncomfortable at one point saying "That shit sounds kinda gay!"
    The interviewer asked Biz about other people writing his lyrics early on in his career. Biz replied "I wrote all my early songs." The interviewer then replied "Oh, so Big Daddy Kane is a liar?" The interviewer started to argue with Biz about what records Biz did and did not have. Biz said "You have not been to my house. How do you know what records I have?" The interviewer was very combative and was trying to get a reaction out of Biz. Talking to Biz is entertaining enough, you don't need to be so aggressive in an interview. Two of the audience members started asking Biz lots of questions and he was very friendly and answered all their questions. They basically took over the interview for a while. Biz was very patient throughout the whole thing. The interview lasted about 90 minutes.

Hey Chan,

I don't think any German strutter felt offended or something. No way! This is not serious at all. I just wanted to let people know that i know Thorsten (I guess it was him doing the interview because he sits right to Biz on the pic) and that he is a good guy. I#ve never been to the Academy ( I had been invited as a tutor to one of the first ones but couldn't make it) but I think it's one of the more credible and real interesting marketing coups. And if you check who they have invited over the years you have to admit that the "line-up" is incredible. That dosen't make a stupid question more intelligent but at the same time I'm sure that Biz got paid in full for attending. And not taking anything from him - I'm a Biz fan since day one - he is not always easy to deal with. I worked at the label that released his last album and I have stories for days how not easy it is to work with him on a project.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Thorsten interviewed me a few weeks back and he was ok. I was at that Biz one and he completely bombed! So much so two days after the fact I have red bull employess still apologizing to me! I had nothing to do with that so why they are apologizing to me I have no idea. I just think maybe his (Thorsten) humor may be off or a bit different then the rest of the human race? I'm not sure what it is but he has rubbed a few people wrong, although I have no problem with the dude. On another note after we left I was driving down the street and Biz jumps out of my car and goes running up the block as fast as he can. His boy and me are like wtf? He spotted a big and tall clothing store and lost it!!!! Shit was hilarious. He bought a bunch of polo style shirts and then came back to the car and told me he wanted to take a big ol' nice dookie!

• "That shit sounds kinda gay!"

plaese to have biz gramelin say that instead.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I stopped reading right about here:

whirlpool of alliteration.