apartment studio "sound"

OXYCONTINOXYCONTIN 115 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
so after trying to connect 3 event 20/20's to my system... i inevitably blew either a wall circuit or power strip. i'm not sure what it was... i have a computer, router and modem, floor lamp, mpc, 2 decks, mixer and a glade plug in.how do ya'll have your "power" situated in your home/apartment studios?

Comments

• Is your apartment run off a circuit-breaker box or off an
    old fuse box?

First thing you need to do is see if you tripped a circuit at the box.

Most likely culprit.

If the circuit or fuse is fine, you may have blown out an old
    outlet.

All of those things you listed should run fine together, but make
    sure to never have your computer or recording equipment using
    the same circuit as heavy appliances such as refrigerator, or microwave.

by the way, we are having a symposium on free energy over in
    ANNOUNCEMENTS tomorrow, here is a preview:

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Dog,
    Get a battery back-up from APC:
    http://www.apc.com/

I have two. Stops all surges, power outages, etc. When the NY BLACKOUT OF 2003[/b] hit, I was like, "switch to battery, we got beats to finish."

Seriously though, what he said. And get a battery, it will save you from losing work if it happens again. For $60-$99, you can get 25 minutes of battery powered file saving minutes.

• one of your power outlet cant take to many plugins,this usually happens with old houses or buildings,check with your land lord....

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Do a little research and find out what appliances/lights are ALSO on that circuit that blew. If you're in an apartment or house you're most likely on a 15 or 20 AMP circuit which equates to more or less a total availability of 1400-1900 watts (this depends on other shit, but I'm assuming you live in the US). You basically want to be at about 80% capacity of your total so as not to blow the fuse or melt the wires on the circuit. Total up the wattage on the back of all appliances/lights that are on that circuit that blew and find out who is the greatest offender.

It's possible that you're roommate/flatmate/nextdoor neighbor decided to use his microwave while you had all that other shit on, therefore exceeding the allowable usage for that circuit and the "blow".

• OXYCONTINOXYCONTIN 115 Posts

Is your apartment run off a circuit-breaker box or off an
    old fuse box?

First thing you need to do is see if you tripped a circuit at the box.

Most likely culprit.

If the circuit or fuse is fine, you may have blown out an old
    outlet.

All of those things you listed should run fine together, but make
    sure to never have your computer or recording equipment using
    the same circuit as heavy appliances such as refrigerator, or microwave.

by the way, we are having a symposium on free energy over in
    ANNOUNCEMENTS tomorrow, here is a preview:

shocking revelations!!!!!! news at 11! stay tuned to this channel!!!

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Stops all surges, power outages, etc. When the NY BLACKOUT OF 2003[/b] hit, I was like, "switch to battery, we got beats to finish."

Damn Bambouche and I thought I liked my toys...you are freaking SERIOUS[/b]

Respect...Now I wanna hear your ish... MP3 link por favor?

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Stops all surges, power outages, etc. When the NY BLACKOUT OF 2003[/b] hit, I was like, "switch to battery, we got beats to finish[/b]."

Damn Bambouche and I thought I liked my toys...you are freaking SERIOUS[/b]

Respect...Now I wanna hear your ish... MP3 link por favor?

Seriously though, I was out of town during the blackout. I can only imagine how annoying it must have been for the neighbors when the battery alarms were ringing for hours. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

About that other stuff: