Tom Cruise...trapped in a closet?

Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Just ran across this synopsis of tonight's South Park. Tom Cruise and R. Kelly mixed together? I just might have to watch this and I don't often watch South Park:Tom Cruise South Park Episode A Lesson In Corporate SynergyTonight???s South Park, a Tom Cruise-Scientology ridiculing episode called ???Trapped in the Closet,??? is proving itself to be somewhat of a PR logistics problem for Viacom: "According to a source who has read a draft of the script, it begins with Stan leaving a psychiatrist???s office only to be hailed as a savior by the leaders of a strange, Scientology-esque cult because of his off-the-chart results on an E-meter-like ???personality test.??? A group of Hollywood A-listers quickly gather outside Stan???s house, we???re told, with Tom Cruise somehow ending up stuck in a closet???leading a news crew stationed at the scene to report that Cruise???s fans fervently want the actor to ???just come out.??? Comedy Central???s parent company, Viacom???which also owns Paramount???might not be too keen either about seeing its studio???s big-money Mission Impossible 3 star ridiculed yet again just when America had seemingly moved on from its obsession with his sexuality and Scientology ties. Asked about the South Park episode, Robinson said, ???We have no knowledge of it, so we don???t have any opinion about it at all.??? Paramount spokeswoman Nancy Kirkpatrick also declined to comment, saying, ???I don???t know anything about it???. I can???t make that judgement.???"After bristling at what might have initially seemed like a conflict between a valued cable property and the studio???s biggest movie star, Viacom financial executives took another look at the War of the Worlds numbers, and realized that there was a direct relationship between Cruise???s eccentric public behavior and box office receipts. They concluded the South Park episode was instead a valuable opportunity for branding synergy, and commissioned six more episodes on the topic of Cruise and his outrageous, Rip Taylor-esque follies for the coming season.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    "...Cruise and his outrageous, Rip Taylor-esque follies..."

SUPER SICCWIDIT

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    A relative of mine was responsible for drawing the Mission Impossible comic books that came out to promote the movie. When they were finished, they were printed, but still had to meet Toms approval. When Tom reviewed the issue, he had them burn all copies because in one[/b] frame on one[/b] page his character was drawn with a limp wrist. He was afraid that it would add to the rumor that he was gay. And this was in around '97.

SUPER SICCWIDIT !!!!!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

After bristling at what might have initially seemed like a conflict between a valued cable property and the studio???s biggest movie star, Viacom financial executives took another look at the War of the Worlds numbers, and realized that there was a direct relationship between Cruise???s eccentric public behavior and box office receipts. They concluded the South Park episode was instead a valuable opportunity for branding synergy, and commissioned six more episodes on the topic of Cruise and his outrageous, Rip Taylor-esque follies for the coming season.

ahh, remember the days when doing loony-toons shit used to actually damage your career?

nowadays you can be a regular person and just wild out on some bullshit. you're guaranteed a book deal or a reality TV show.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    A relative of mine was responsible for drawing the Mission Impossible comic books that came out to promote the movie. When they were finished, they were printed, but still had to meet Toms approval. When Tom reviewed the issue, he had them burn all copies because in one[/b] frame on one[/b] page his character was drawn with a limp wrist. He was afraid that it would add to the rumor that he was gay. And this was in around '97.

i've heard some similarly revolting stories about the guy.

anyway, i haven't watched southpark in a while but i did tonight. the episode was fany. peas

anyway, i haven't watched southpark in a while but i did tonight. the episode was fany. peas

They are showing the re-run at 12:30am PST. I am excited.

• I feel quite ashamed, I've been too busy to post on here for ages & I finally do & its a Tom Cruise thread.

Anyway someone I know works in the film industry & had to look after Tom when he came to the UK, she claims that one of her responsibilities was to arrange boys for him to have. She also says that the Nicole Kidman marriage was a contracted business arrangement all mapped out in advance. Perhaps Katie is also a smokescreen, That would be possible, Cary Grant was as gay as a window but the studios forced several high profile fake relationships with young actresses to keep up appearances. Of course it could all be bollocks.

• I feel quite ashamed, I've been too busy to post on here for ages & I finally do & its a Tom Cruise thread.

Anyway someone I know works in the film industry & had to look after Tom when he came to the UK, she claims that one of her responsibilities was to arrange boys for him to have. She also says that the Nicole Kidman marriage was a contracted business arrangement all mapped out in advance. Perhaps Katie is also a smokescreen, That would be possible, Cary Grant was as gay as a window but the studios forced several high profile fake relationships with young actresses to keep up appearances. Of course it could all be bollocks.

Cary Grant was also really into acid for a while. Imagine doing acid with Cary Grant.

• "...Cruise and his outrageous, Rip Taylor-esque follies..."

SUPER SICCWIDIT

rotfl

Cary Grant was also really into acid for a while. Imagine doing acid with Cary Grant.